You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I take a raw file into Photo 2 to develop I'm getting bright yellow lines all over the subject which stay there even when I click the develop tab.  This has only started happening in the past few days.  I'm following my usual workflow when developing raw images and haven't changed the way I usually do things so don't know how to put things right.  Could do with some advice please. 

Hi @Carol Griffiths and welcome to the forums,

There is a known bug in the latest version which appears to affect certain graphics cards but equally you can also try turning Hardware Acceleration off in the Affinity Photo Performance Settings. This will require an Affinity Photo reboot but it may also fix the issue.

Let us know if that works and if not could you upload a screenshot of your Affinity Photo Performance Settings.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

No problem at all, I’m glad that seems to have solved the issue for you… 😊

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2415) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2415)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

The issue "RAW files have Artefacts when opened in 2.4.0/2.4.1" (REF: AF-2178) has been looked at by the developers and a potential fix added in internal build "2.4.2.2356".

This change is planned for inclusion in the next customer release (2.4.2), but the Affinity team would like you to join our beta program and use this beta and let us know if the changes to developing Raw Files on Windows has addressed the issue for your specific hardware.

This customer beta build is announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.

If you still experience this problem once you are using that Beta build version 2.4.2.2356 (or later) please create a thread in the beta forum with a description of your PC hardware including processor and graphics card make/model.

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/forum/139-other-new-bugs-and-issues-in-the-betas/

• 3 weeks later...
  • Staff

Please could you try the new 2.5.0 beta with Hardware Acceleration ON (join our beta program) and see if the problem has been addressed for you? 

Can you report your findings in this linked beta thread below made to share the results.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon