You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Typing/Selection delays and constant 'loading 1 document'

Often when I'm tying, the document will lag. It pauses when I click to place my cursor, hitches when typing, and I only just recently noticed that it will display a "Loading 1 Document" message in the file name window.

I'm not sure if this is a bug or the  app working as intended, but it makes editing text within Publisher feel extremely unpleasant  and unresponsive.

Once again,  I'm not sure if this is because of the  way I have my document set up or not, so I have included the file.

I'm worried this is somehow linked to the Books functionality, and I can attach the book and all of the associated documents if requested.

AA_PT01_Intro.afpub

• Staff

@Demonskunk I'm not getting any issues with your file so far when editing text or selecting different elements on the page. Obviously I don't have the linked resources or the font used, so these could be a possible cause.

You could use File > Save As Package to then zip this up to send me in a DM I can have another try.

It may be worth also checking to see if Hardware Acceleration is enabled within the apps Settings > Performance. If so, disable it and restart the app to see if that affects anything.

17 hours ago, Lee D said:

@Demonskunk I'm not getting any issues with your file so far when editing text or selecting different elements on the page. Obviously I don't have the linked resources or the font used, so these could be a possible cause.

You could use File > Save As Package to then zip this up to send me in a DM I can have another try.

It may be worth also checking to see if Hardware Acceleration is enabled within the apps Settings > Performance. If so, disable it and restart the app to see if that affects anything.

Hardware Acceleration is on. I've attached the zipped package to this post.

PT01 Intro.zip

I zipped up the entire book and all of the chapters into a package so someone can take a look at this within its full context. The loading message only seems to happen when  I have the book open along side the file, so maybe that has something to do with it.

• 2 weeks later...