You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi!

I'm very new to Affinity, and I am struggling with gestures via my Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 Touch (DTH-2420) - that worked just fine in Photoshop.

I expected being able to do this:

• Two finger tap = Right Click
  • Two finger Swipe Left/Right = Pan around the document
  • Two finger Swipe Up/Down =  Pan around the document
  • Two finger Pinch = Zoom in/out
  • Two finger Rotate = Rotate Canvas
  • Two finger double tap = Smart zoom

But I am currently only able to pan (two finger swipe up/down/left/right) and zoom (two finger pinch). I am not able to rotate, click, nor smart zoom.

I have tried to enable and disable various options here: Edit - Settings - Tools , but without success.

How exactly should my Tools-section look like for all gestures to work? I have Affinity Photo 2 v. 2.4.0.

Thank you!

30 minutes ago, MiniMarzipan said:

How exactly should my Tools-section look like for all gestures to work? I have Affinity Photo 2 v. 2.4.0.

I am on Mac OS 12.7.3 so Windows may be different if you are using that OS. Also my Tablet is a Intuos Pro Large.

This is how I have my Wacom tablet set up:

ScreenShot2024-03-05at8_08_14AM.png.66c708f7bcac8cb171f604b8d4e6e53c.png

And this is how I have my Tools set up:

ScreenShot2024-03-05at8_11_12AM.png.17e472fe716c77a6eac404fcb4a07a40.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

Thank you for the screenshots Old Bruce :)
Sadly it looks very different in my Windows version, and it seems no matter what I set-, unset, restart, etc. - I can only zoom and pan.

This is my current settings in Affinity:

image.png.d057cbb95ed19ff04dc3cf2777c9085d.png

Even my Wacom tablet properties look vastly different, but since the gestures work in Photoshop - I would assume that my wacom settings are OK.

image.png.372bd86f454de23c70a6cabca578f76a.pngimage.png.605e6d79f34621fc00fc6281fbd84339.png

Hopefully someone with Windows will chime in.

Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

• Staff

@MiniMarzipan I've done some quick testing with a Wacom Cintig Pro that we have using Affinity Photo V2 (2.4). My Wacom settings look the same as yours and this may be more of a Wacom related issue as I found this article on a Wacom's support site regarding some of the missing gesture options.

From your list of expected gestures

• Two finger tap = Right Click....No
  • Two finger Swipe Left/Right = Pan around the document....Yes
  • Two finger Swipe Up/Down =  Pan around the document....Yes
  • Two finger Pinch = Zoom in/out....Yes
  • Two finger Rotate = Rotate Canvas....No
  • Two finger double tap = Smart zoom....No

Thank you for the article Lee D! You're right, it clearly says "Windows does not support the Standard Gestures tab on pen display products".

I think I might still try to ask Wacom if they have any possible solutions, as all gestures worked fine in Photoshop (and still on windows pc), and I really want to go completely away from Photoshop.

Thanks again!

I have been back-and-forth with Wacom support, where I referred to the link provided by Lee D and explained how these gestures worked for me in Photoshop.

Wacom is saying this is an issue with Affinity:

...there seem to be some limitation to the gestures available in Affinity compared with Photoshop : https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/151056-using-affinity-on-a-touch-only-basis-is-miserable/

I replied that the forum conversation Wacom is referring to is for an older version of Affinity, where Wacom replied:

Please note that we did the tests on Affinity Photo 2, and got the same result as you did with the latest driver. 

As mentioned the only function that was not working was the rotation with 2 fingers and it seems that the software is missing a feature in the new version that allows to rotate the canvas using the trackpad. 

Since this is a specific function of the program, we don't have enough information to provide you with. 

As far as we are concerned, the driver, the tablet and the software(s) are working fine, the driver and the tablet do what a program allows you to do.

Summary: Wacom says this should work and that Affinity is missing some features.
Any thoughts?

9 hours ago, MiniMarzipan said:

Summary: Wacom says this should work and that Affinity is missing some features.
Any thoughts?

My thought is "It works on Mac OS 12.7.4 so maybe it is a Windows only problem with Wacom." If Affinity was missing something it would be missing in Mac as well.