You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi all, 

I am pretty new to Affinity altogether. I would like to know if it is possible to replicate the attached design template for an A4 folder concept. Or, if at all possible, if I can import the template itself to use?

Also, would Publisher or Designer be best? (or does it not really matter?)

I did try importing it, but it only imported it as a whole image, which I am guessing isn't quite what I want, as I need to separate it into the following pages:

• Front Cover
  • Left Inner
  • Right Inner
  • Back Cover

Obviously, the inners will be the reverse side of the front and back. I gather that I could have likely just created the pages at the same dimensions as stated on the template. Still, I can see when creating a new file, I can choose A4 and set the 'x' number of pages, which I assume I could use as a front, a back, and the two inner pages. I am able to select between starting from left or right, but the part I am unsure about is the fold-up piece at the bottom of the right-inner/back cover page.

Is there a way I can create this? Would I create a smaller page using distorted dimensions for one edge?

The idea behind it is to provide a folder that can hold some documents as a sort of leave-behind after a company meeting; the extra fold-out part on the inner in question will have a cut-out of sorts to attach a business card and provide some additional contact information, so its imperative that it has it.

You can see the design of the business card cut-out concept in the AdobeStock Preview image (which is essentially the same folder design but in the reverse view of how I want to achieve it).

Sorry if this seems dumb, but as stated, I am brand new to this software, so any advice, tips, tricks and hints would be greatly appreciated.

Note: The images for the A4 folder template are available for download from

Kind regards,

GunnerJnr

A4-Folder-Template-1024x768.jpg

AdobeStock_196089441_Preview.jpg

Edited by GunnerJnr

What file type is the folder template in? PDF?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Just now, firstdefence said:

What file type is the folder template in? PDF?

Hi @firstdefence, My bad; I should have stated the file extensions; sorry about that. I think it does state the file types on the first preview image - they are .ai (Adobe Illustrator) and .psd (Adobe Photoshop).

Note: I have not actually purchased the second preview image from Adobe Stock; I just wanted to show an example of the business card cut-out concept on the fold-out part.

Kind regards,

GunnerJnr

Here is the folder template as Affinity Publisher file made from the .ai file. 

A4 Folder need A2 sheet.afpub

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Affinity Suite V 2.4 & Beta 2.(latest)
Better translations with: https://www.deepl.com/translator  
Interested in a robust (selfhosted) PDF Solution? Have a look at Stirling PDF

Life is too short to have meaningless discussions!

You are welcome!

AMD Ryzen 7 5700X | INTEL Arc A770 LE 16 GB  | 32 GB DDR4 3200MHz | Windows 11 Pro 23H2 (22631.3296)
AMD A10-9600P | dGPU R7 M340 (2 GB)  | 8 GB DDR4 2133 MHz | Windows 10 Home 22H2 (1945.3803) 

Just now, Komatös said:

You are welcome!

Maybe another silly question, but I am new to the forums, too. Is there any way I can mark your reply as a solution? Or do these forums not work this way?

Kind regards,

GunnerJnr

That's not needed! It's fine, if your question is anwered and you are lucky with the solution. 😉👍