You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Olympic Sports themed Wallpapers (HD)

sansnom

• 2 weeks later...

@sansnom Could you write something about how you went about designing these images please?

Could you include something about your choice of colour palettes please?

William

Until December 2022, using a Lenovo laptop running Windows 10 in England. From January 2023, using an HP laptop running Windows 11 in England.

🇬🇧 Hi @William Overington, I saw this visual on the web and I found it graphically very “fun” and quite playful:

image.jpeg.9a2c660f93861483b8371a5dbb465cc1.jpeg

I then do simple research on the internet. The Games website is full of visuals and clues as to the geometric construction of these patterns:

https://presse.paris2024.org/assets/paris-2024-dp-look-des-jeux-02-2024-pdf-ebff-e0190.html

In France, there are a lot of institutions and companies that are riding the wave of the Olympic Games and using the graphic codes of the event: you just have to look... And I didn't use everything I could find as a pattern!…

Then, it just takes time and patience to extract a “pseudo graphic charter”. In fact, I took it as a treasure hunt.
If we look carefully at the colors, their number is reduced with functions: 1 flesh tone for the human aspect, 1 sand tone (certainly for the homage to the first games which took place in Greece on sand), then a color tone reduced to 2 or 3 light and dark tones.
For the plots, we see geometric shapes within a square quite quickly. This square is segmented by integer division and other shapes fit into this canvas. These shapes evoke Paris and the entire world of sport with balls, fields...
Once again, it was a treasure hunt for me and these wallpapers make my sports friends happy!... There you go, it's a gift and I don't get any benefit from it.

🇫🇷 Bonjour @William Overington, j'ai vu ce visuel sur le web et je l'ai trouvé graphiquement très “fun” et assez ludique (voir plus haut).
Je fais ensuite de simples recherches sur internet. Le site web des Jeux est rempli de visuels et d'indices quant à la construction géométrique de ces paterns.

https://presse.paris2024.org/assets/paris-2024-dp-look-des-jeux-02-2024-pdf-ebff-e0190.html

En France, il y a énormément d'institutions et d'entreprise qui surfent sur la vague des jeux olympiques et qui utilisent les codes graphiques de l'évènement : il n'y a qu'à chercher… Et je n'ai pas utilisé tout ce que j'ai pu dénicher comme pattern !…

Ensuite, il faut juste du temps et de la patience pour extraire une “pseudo charte graphique”. En fait, j'ai pris cela comme un jeu de piste.
Si on regarde attentivement les couleurs, leur nombre est réduit avec des fonctions : 1 ton de chair pour l'aspect humain, 1 ton de sable (certainement pour l'hommage aux premiers jeux qui se déroulaient en Grèce sur du sable), puis une tonalité de couleur réduite à 2 ou 3 tons clairs et foncés.
Pour les tracés, on voit assez rapidement des formes géométriques au sein d'un carré. Ce carré est segmenté par division entière et d'autres formes s'inscrivent dans ce canavas. Ces formes évoquent Paris et tout l'univers du sport avec les ballons, les terrains…
Encore une fois, c'était un jeu de piste pour moi et ces fonds d'écran font le bonheur de mes amis sportifs !… Voilà, c'est cadeau et je n'en tire aucun bénéfice.

presse.paris2024.org:.webloc

Mac Mini M1 16Go – macOS 13.6.4

11 minutes ago, sansnom said:

There you go, it's a gift and I don't get any benefit from it.

Au contraire, you get the benefit of seeing your lovely work being well received. :)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)