You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Publisher and Photo poor Printing issues

I recently was , from Publisher, to my Brother Laser printer but the results were unacceptable. Color was fine but I was getting streaks in the image. I did not have this issue with Photoshop or PIxelmator. I also had the same issue when printing from another Mac using Affinity Photo. When printing to my HP InkJet printer no issues. The issues seem to be released solely to the Laser. Again, the same image printed fine to the Brother when printing from Photoshop or PIxelmator. Not sure what the issue is and my Laser printer and Affinity is. BTW, I I save the Publisher file and import it into Publisher on my iPad, I get the same results so it is confined somehow to Affinity products. I have attached a photo.

IMG_8884.jpeg

I think it could be because Affinity Photos tries to show or to print all the pixels captured (the entire sensor's image data), even the marginal pixels, sometimes crapped – supposed to be ignored but present in the raw data –, where other softwares crop the image to a secure size (i.e. the declared sensor size, not its real size). 

Crop your photo to the same size other programs use and you'll be safe!

Please look at this thread: 

Affinity Suite 2.4 – Monterey 12.7.4 – MacBookPro 14" 2021 M1 Pro 16Go/1To

I apologise for any approximations in my English. It is not my mother tongue.

• Staff

Hi @skyking,

It's possible this could be the issue that @Ouftihas linked to.  That would normally happen when working with RAW files and you'd also see the extra pixels on screen.  Would you be able to upload your afphoto or afpub file that you are printing to our Dropbox here and i'll try printing it from one of our Laser printers?

As another test, if you export out of Affinity as a PDF and print from your PDF reader, do it print correctly?

Thanks for the advice. I’ll try all the advice offered and will let you all know tomorrow. I’ll can upload Pub file for you to check out. I don’t know if I said but the Pub file that doesn’t net work from my Mac’s prints fine from Publisher on my iPad Pro. 

Jim K

On 2/16/2024 at 6:07 AM, stokerg said:

Hi @skyking,

It's possible this could be the issue that @Ouftihas linked to.  That would normally happen when working with RAW files and you'd also see the extra pixels on screen.  Would you be able to upload your afphoto or afpub file that you are printing to our Dropbox here and i'll try printing it from one of our Laser printers?

As another test, if you export out of Affinity as a PDF and print from your PDF reader, do it print correctly?

Stokerg - I have just uploaded, via your Dropbox, the Publisher file. The photo is not a RAW file but a image created in Photoshop (where selections are soooo much easier than Affinity Photo) and exported as a TIFF file. I also saved as a PSD with the same results. The file was color managed. Any thoughts once you receive it. Again, when imported the file into Publisher on my iPad Pro (latest Gen) I did not have the same issue. The doc printed fine.

Thanks for any ideas.

James K