You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Nik 6 crashing affinity

Evening guys, im having issues using nik 6 plugins, every time i try to apply the whole system crashes instantly and a lose all my previous work in affinity.. I tried different images and it still crashes affinity. Has anyone else experienced this recently?

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the latest Nik software but it still happens.. I have contacted Dxo support and am still waiting for a response...

Thanks in advice

Martin

I have just uninstalled and reinstalled affinity, restarted the whole system but im getting the same outcome.. There are no warnings or error codes and nothing at all being logged in the mac console app.. Ive just posted on the Dxo forums see what they come back with.. 

Morning Rich, yes drag & drop and Cmd O both work directly in the apps. 
Everything was working perfectly via plugins then it suddenly started crashing. Ive done all the obvious stuff, reboot etc it’s doing my head in😭😂.. 

I’ll get back on it who get home tonight, I’m in work at the moment. I’m sure it will be something stupidly simple as usual. 

Thanks for replying 

Cheers

• Staff

Hi @MPH67,

I'm having no issues using Nik Collection 6 as a plugin with Affinity on my Mac running MacOS Sonoma.

You might want to try a basic reset of Affinity by starting Affinity while holding down the Control key and you get shown a screen with a number of tick boxes on and 3 will be ticked.  You can then just click Clear and Affinity will start as normal.  You'll need to go back into Settings>Photoshop Plugins and set up the Search folder and also click on the Authorise Global button and then see if you can use the Nik Collection again.

Hi @stokerg

I’ll try that tonight thanks👍🏻. I  had already uninstalled and reinstalled affinity but didn’t know about the reset option.  Everything has all been working faultlessly until yesterday so it’s very strange. 
I’ll try again tonight see how we go. 

Thanks for the advice. 

10 hours ago, stokerg said:

Hi @MPH67,

I'm having no issues using Nik Collection 6 as a plugin with Affinity on my Mac running MacOS Sonoma.

You might want to try a basic reset of Affinity by starting Affinity while holding down the Control key and you get shown a screen with a number of tick boxes on and 3 will be ticked.  You can then just click Clear and Affinity will start as normal.  You'll need to go back into Settings>Photoshop Plugins and set up the Search folder and also click on the Authorise Global button and then see if you can use the Nik Collection again.

Hi @stokerg, I have reset affinity and re added the plugins but it’s still exactly the same. As soon as I click on one of the Nik app plugins affinity instantly disappears, no pause no errors nothing. 
Have I got everything set up correctly here?? 

IMG_8641.thumb.jpeg.522fb4ac454b5dc09291fc275866d862.jpegcheers

See related and what MEB tells & shows there ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

13 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

See related and what MEB tells & shows there ...

Hi @v_kyr @MEB @stokerg, this has solved the problem!! It seems i had an old file folder so after deleting and removing the / from plug in Support folders and it’s all now working perfectly. 
Couldn’t be more pleased, thanks very much everyone 😁👍🏻