You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, In order to reduce file size (24Mb each) of ca 350 pics , I'd hoped to be able to create a macro; select file and export. But that does not work. -
Then I tried an alternative method;
Take one pic in portrait, start macro; -documents - resize doc- reduce DPI (eg 150) - resample  Bilinear- Enter. stop macro and put it in the library. This works fine.
Now open new batch job, Add some pics - save as JPG - unclick AFPhoto- click 3 dots and set quality on 85 - and apply the resized macro - OK.

Result: Lanscape pics are squeezed into portraits, (portraits are ok). In figures: Originallandscape are 6016x4016px after resize 2008x3008. Tried this with a landscape then the portraits are blown up to double the width.

What is it I'm doing wrong??

Regards, Tom

0105.JPG

0105.jpg

Recording a Resize Document (or Canvas) iin a macro records the absolute value that you used, and that will be applied whenever you run the macro.

You need to use Filter > Equations to perform the resize operation, so a calculation is performed when the macro runs.

Try one of these:

or

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

I think these macros require a each by each treatment to get the required size. that is not what I intend to do.
For over 350 pics I 'd like to select the original sizes, both lanfscape and portrait but only reduce the dpi, in order to save quality as much as possible.
Unfortunately one cannot create a macro starting from the 'EXPORT' button.

This would do the job quite nicely, but not in batch.

May be I have to look for another program to reduce them first and then get back to Aff and take care of the after treatments following insertion into CANVA.

20 minutes ago, Tom Hoekstra said:

but only reduce the dpi,

For that, try these macros:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

@Tom Hoekstra

Will not a simple batch job do it? Just type in the Large dimension into both of the H and W fields and make sure that the Preserve aspect ratio check is checked (the A column). In your case 2008x3008 is the desired result so type the 3008 in the H and the W field.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.