You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Please make the image frame properties a studio panel with keyboard shortcuts. Ideally, I'd like the frame properties to be accessible even when you select a placed image within a frame. That is because if you group an image with a text frame (to add a description for the image), it is the easiest to Ctrl+click the image to access it's fitting settings. But right now, it's tedious to select the image frame in a (nested) group.

image.png.1fe82df28b9a9035e1586078b3202641.png

See this topic:

1 hour ago, Intuos5 said:

keyboard shortcuts

+1,000,000
In InDesign I used to assign and use them all the time.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

As an alternative to the original suggestion, to reduce the number of panels, how about putting the icons from that pop-up to the left and right of the zoom slider, as in my attached (crudely-done) mock-up?

(The icons could still be available when the child image was selected.)

I don’t know how the Anchor control would fit into this, maybe a pop-up icon to the right of the others, but it might be better than having another panel to organise as this sort of thing will only ever be needed when manipulating Picture Frames (or have I forgotten something?).

image.png.ffe832466f5e2462af74b5565b53bc42.png

To keep the number of panels under control, the Text Frame panel could be renamed the Frame panel and the options displayed could reflect what is selected.

• If a text frame is selected, you'd see the current options (plus content scale factor which is missing).
  • If a picture frame is selected, you'd see General (Fill and Stroke), Scaling (the properties popup we're discussing), and content scaling and resolution (which is also accessible from the context toolbar).

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)