You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Windows Export Persona folder path does nothing

I've tried adding a folder path to my export objects and the added path components do nothing. I've done it before on previous affinity versions, I don't understand why it's not working now.

What exactly are you specifying? We'll need details to provide any help.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

16 hours ago, walt.farrell said:

What exactly are you specifying? We'll need details to provide any help.

I recall a similar problem reported. This has to do with the Export Persona and the "Path" for exported slices.While it works on Mac it apparently does not work on Windows. What I do is find out where the slices will be exported to and then I make folders to hold the different slices by using the Path componants to name a folder to be created. If the folder already exists then it is reused.

ScreenShot.png.66e3cbce22d7ec4f991f28fc3a84711c.png

Before

ScreenShot2024-01-20at8_03_56AM.png.8efb22761f8d93241aeed3d39602c319.png

After

ScreenShot2024-01-20at8_05_04AM.png.5bb1d8299df499d7728fa7985a61b36b.png

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

22 hours ago, kov said:

I've tried adding a folder path to my export objects and the added path components do nothing. I've done it before on previous affinity versions, I don't understand why it's not working now.

If you were using this "Path" field next to Builder, this has to do with a very unique feature relating to JSON output... (though I doubt that was what you were doing, but jic...)

If you were exporting using the individual slice export icon directly right of each format preset, it will ignore what you set for its path/naming conventions and allow you to give it a unique name/path... this is helpful for exporting a slice someplace else for other purposes....
image.png.cfab20587e810d49c41e67cae43cac36.png

The field right of "1x" is what you click where it says "Petals\jpg\Petal 1.jpg", etc... that is where you would've set the real path...

The only time /path/<name><ext> is triggered is when you use "Export Slices" at the bottom of the Slice Panels (bottom right). Then it will ask you to specify your root folder and export accordingly... it should filter them into the folders you've specified. If you click the export icon to the right of the individual slice and specify a folder, it will do the same thing with the presets below it for just that slice.

image.png.87d04c0b03e6f35c1b1ecbff5f1cbf32.png

image.png

37 minutes ago, debraspicher said:

If you were exporting using the individual slice export icon directly right of each format preset, it will ignore what you set for its path/naming conventions and allow you to give it a unique name/path... this is helpful for exporting a slice someplace else for other purposes....

The only time /path/<name><ext> is triggered is when you use "Export Slices" at the bottom of the Slice Panels (bottom right). Then it will ask you to specify your root folder and export accordingly... it should filter them into the folders you've specified. If you click the export icon to the right of the individual slice and specify a folder, it will do the same thing with the presets below it for just that slice.

Brilliant. Now I have to go and hit myself because I should have tried that/figured it out/ (or, and this is quite likely) not forgotten it.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

On 1/20/2024 at 3:43 PM, Old Bruce said:

Brilliant. Now I have to go and hit myself because I should have tried that/figured it out/ (or, and this is quite likely) not forgotten it.

I use that feature often enough, but again, it's not exactly the most intuitive as you can tell by the whole explanation... but I love my EP and it works for my needs.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, the notifications for this went to my junk folder; sorry. Yeah the issue was that I wasn't using the 'Export Slices' button at the bottom.

Is there a way that the export pathing can work for individual items?