You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Blend Tool and Mesh Tool

On 2/11/2024 at 11:17 AM, PaulEC said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, and you’re not the only person to suggest having one piece of software to do everything. But, what about the people who don’t want or need all three apps? If they just want to edit photos, or produce illustrations, why would they want one big app that is full of functions that they might just find confusing and why would they want to pay for it?

I really don’t see much advantage in one app, rather than the three integrated ones that we have now.

Personally, I consider Personas, with the help of which I can organize the functions of the application and its working environment (Tools panel and Studios) according to the type of work I am currently doing with it, to be an excellent solution.

So I can imagine that Serif would offer the following 4 products:
- APhoto application, that would work like the existing APhoto, when switching to other applications using the command Edit in...
- ADesigner application, that would work like the existing ADesigner, when switching to other applications using the command Edit in...
- APublisher application, which, unlike the existing APublisher, would work like the existing APhoto or ADesigner, when switching to other applications using the command Edit in...
- ASuite application/package, that would firstly contain a set of all three separate applications, in which you would switch to other applications using the standard Edit in... command, and would also make available "all" Personas of individual applications using StudioLink technology - that is, Publisher/Designer/Photo persona, but also Develop, Liguify, Tone map and especially Export persona.

Thus, a one-man/universal application would be created as another product (using the existing principles that have been working and used for years), where the need for switching and thus complicating the workflow would be minimized. And of course, the need of other users for individual/separate applications would also be satisfied.

Of course, I'm talking about the technical aspect, not the business point of view, when it would be up to Serif's strategy how to take the given products into account and offer a price advantage for application grouping, whether to enable the more advantageous purchase of additional applications to ASuite, etc.

Edited by Pšenda

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

On 1/9/2024 at 8:15 PM, adam1762 said:

I really miss a basic tool like Blend Tool

The discussion is getting a bit off-topic... I would like to get this back to the original thread 😁.

Blend Tool is one of my most wanted features. It is a kick-ass tool in Illustrator (amongst some others). I can't decide yet, whether to ditch the other "A" or not. Please tip the scale, Affinity. As somebody mentioned, to get more Adobe users to jump the wagon, you need at least matching features. There's already a great start in a more user-friendly package.

• 2 weeks later...

We need blend tool seriously. Blending shapes and also shapes with colors and possibly some highly quality 3d extrusion possibilities. Blending colors and applying to a path or stroke path too! Thank you!!= 🥺