You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Cannot Access Fonts

iambia

Font scrolling is virtually dead. I am currently unable to use the font list at all because it freezes for minutes and when it unfreezes and I scroll, it freezes again. I have tried to find a way to delete all fonts at once, but I don’t see how to do this. I have tried uninstalling the app and reinstalling it, but the list of fonts return. Please advise as it is making Affinity Photo unusable and forcing me to turn to Adobe to function.

----------------------------------------
i am everything. i am nothing
therefore, i can be anything

From the FAQ: 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

Just now, walt.farrell said:

From the FAQ: 

I saw that one from September. Comments are closed, so I have restarted the conversation since nothing has changed since then. 

That's correct. Nothing has changed yet. And all you can do is remove fonts.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Just now, walt.farrell said:

That's correct. Nothing has changed yet. And all you can do is remove fonts.

Which leads to the second part of my comment which was how to do that in bulk. I stated that I don’t see how to do that. Removing one by one will take hours.

Additionally, when there is news, then the Serif Info Bot will post in one of the topics tagged with af-367 

(which this topic probably will be once Serif reopens for business after Jan. 2, unless a staffer notices this before then).

-- Walt
PC:

4 minutes ago, iambia said:

Which leads to the second part of my comment which was how to do that in bulk. I stated that I don’t see how to do that. Removing one by one will take hours.

How you delete them will depend on how you installed them, as you might have done that win an Affinity app, or by using an iPadOS function, or another app you've understand.

There may already be discussion in one of the other topics.

-- Walt
PC:

5 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

How you delete them will depend on how you installed them, as you might have done that win an Affinity app, or by using an iPadOS function, or another app you've understand.

There may already be discussion in one of the other topics.

I installed within Affinity and it doesn’t show how I can bulk delete them. Thanks though. 

1 hour ago, iambia said:

I installed within Affinity and it doesn’t show how I can bulk delete them. Thanks though. 

Just select all the ones you want to delete, and click the delete icon. You can click on individual fonts, or click on one and shift-click on another to select a range.

That's partly explained in the Help: https://affinity.help/publisher2ipad/en-US.lproj/pages/Workspace/preferences.html

-- Walt
PC:

17 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Just select all the ones you want to delete, and click the delete icon. You can click on individual fonts, or click on one and shift-click on another to select a range.

That's partly explained in the Help: https://affinity.help/publisher2ipad/en-US.lproj/pages/Workspace/preferences.html

Shift + click!! That's what I needed!! Thank you!! Finally!! Now to see what happens with fewer fonts. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Crenshaw Habersham said:

Ok this sounds promising, but how do you shift + click on an iPad while in the Affinity font settings mode? 2 Fingers doesn’t seem to do anything…

Bring up the software keyboard, perhaps?

-- Walt
PC: