You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Designer(v2): Jagged lines when rotating the canvas

AlesMZ

I have version 2.3.0.2165 (ipadOS 17.2, iPadPro2021-M1)
I have vector lines with rough jagged lines when rotating the canvas. Small or thin elements look horrible. This happens with any of the Ipad's Display settings. It's very sadly to see these jagged lines, especially when switching from other apps where everything displays smoothly. Fix this as soon as possible please.

ADv2 rough jagged lines.jpg

This effect appears when you rotate the screen canvas. In most rotation angles, the edge of the lines looks more or less normal, but still not perfect as at 0 or 90 degrees. But at some angles the edge becomes too rough and jagged.

Other known vector applications don't have this jaggedness problem at all canvas rotation angles. I have a feeling that anti-aliasing is disabled in my ADv2, but I haven't found display quality settings in ADv2 (app for iPad).

• 3 weeks later...

I got the update 2.3.1 for ADv2 (app for iPad, ipadOS 17.2, iPadPro2021-M1) today, but the situation has not been fixed. Please note that at some canvas rotation angles the vector lines look like roughly jagged and scratchy lines 

IMG_0436.PNG

• 1 month later...
  • Staff

Hi AlesMZ,

Thanks for letting us know. I can confirm that this is something we're aware of with canvas rotation and is logged with development for improving. However unfortunately I am unable to give any timeframes on any potential fixes.