You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Lumix S5II Raw format compatibility

• Staff

Hi @Dwentzel228,

Welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Affinity uses LibRAW for RAW support, meaning we're unable to provide specific timescales for certain camera models, our apologies.

Once LibRAW have released official support for this camera, we can then implement it into a future update within Affinity.

I hope this clears things up!

• 2 weeks later...

sorry @Dwentzel228 to inform you but we are very far from using our cameras natively in AP (I have a new Lumix G9II)

Strangely but Serif decided to support RAWs by using some free product from the net and LibRaw policy of upgrading for free is very, very relaxed - new versions with new cameras are released from year and a half to a up to a three years period (info you can find on www.libraw.org).

Since latest LibRaw version were released at december 2022. we are far away from a new one. 

Can it be different? Probably as LibRaw has a level of support with early access to new features but that is not free one (your camera is already supported in LibRaw's commercial products, mine is too new yet)

So we can forget about editing RAW in Affinity Photo for a long time.

Reminds me to something I once have read on the RAW Power blog, though it was there more Apple Raw engine related, but the overal problem sense is the same here ...

... if a software depends on third party services & libs.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

• 2 weeks later...
  • Staff
On 12/23/2023 at 7:03 PM, krbo said:

Can it be different? Probably as LibRaw has a level of support with early access to new features but that is not free one

Just to verify, this is something that has been requested with our developers and is being considering internally for a future Affinity Photo update :)

• 3 weeks later...

just for an info:

as a Topaz Photo AI user I installed yesterday the latest version, one of changes was "latest libraw"

and yes, with that libraw version Topaz reads any RAW from newer cameras, tested GH6, S5II and even my fresh G9II (2 months since release) works OK

but it's not a free public update

• Staff

The issue "Lumix S5 II" (REF: AF-1786) has been fixed by the developers in internal build "2.4.0.2256".
This fix should soon be available as a customer beta and is planned for inclusion in the next customer release.
Customer beta builds are announced here and you can participate by following these instructions.
If you still experience this problem once you are using that build version (or later) please reply to this thread including @Serif Info Bot to notify us.

I am really and pleasantly surprised that new libraw engine is in latest beta and can confirm that Panasonic cameras from old GH6 to newest G9 Mark2 are supported in RAW.

Thank's a lot to a developers team!