You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

revert back to 2.2??

hi

im a cardmaker doing it from home. all was well with 2.2 but since the update all my cards are printing out with a white border top and bottom of my design,its not my printer or my printer settings as i have been through all that with a fine tooth comb plus my printer is borderless,and i dont have bleed or margins checked in affinity i also rasterize before printing, but no matter the image the border appears when printed. i have customers waiting on their cards that i cannot do. is there a way to revert back to 2.2 so i can get back to my business?? im using windows pc

12 minutes ago, naomi73 said:

im a cardmaker doing it from home. all was well with 2.2 but since the update all my cards are printing out with a white border top and bottom of my design,its not my printer or my printer settings as i have been through all that with a fine tooth comb plus my printer is borderless,and i dont have bleed or margins checked in affinity i also rasterize before printing, but no matter the image the border appears when printed. i have customers waiting on their cards that i cannot do. is there a way to revert back to 2.2 so i can get back to my business?? im using windows pc

Hi and welcome to the forums. One workaround to restore your productivity while you sort out the printing problem is to export to PDF and then print the PDF from another PDF viewer.

What is your operating system and which printer are you using?

Could you share a sample document here for testing? If needed, just delete all the objects from the page.

Good luck.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

Be aware, though, that reverting from 2.3 to 2.2 would mean that you will lose access to any Affinity files you Saved using 2.3.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 hours ago, Optische Ausrichtung said:

Hi do you know if i have to uninstall my original first before i install 2.2.1?

Thankyou for the links 

3 hours ago, naomi73 said:

do you know if i have to uninstall my original first before i install 2.2.1?

Yes.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

7 hours ago, naomi73 said:

Im unsure how i would go about attaching but im sure i will figure it out

To attach a file in this forum, just copy the file from Windows Explorer and paste it here. Or drag the file icon into this text field.

I know you said you've been through your printer settings, but can you confirm this screenshot from Epson's site is similar to the printing preferences window you're seeing and that you have selected the Borderless option? https://epson.com/faq/SPT_C11CH45201~faq-00004ff-xp970?faq_cat=faq-8796127438924

image.png.51be27f8dc36f179f45d2b43bc439ab3.png

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)