You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Ldina

I'm trying to get my arms around Blender 3D, which is what I used to create the sand dunes in the attached image. I am confused and completely overwhelmed by Blender, navigation, render passes, etc. The desert isn't overly convincing, but it's the best I could do with my newbie, rudimentary skills (or perhaps I should say, the lack thereof). I brought exported desert scene into Affinity Photo, where I did the rest of the work. Haha, anyway, I thought I'd post this and see if anyone has any sage advice on coming up to speed with Blender. 

Desert Moons.jpg

2017 15" MacBook Pro, 16 MB RAM, Ventura v13.6.6, Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher v1 & v2, Adobe CS6 Extended, LightRoom v6, Blender, InkScape, Dell 30" Monitor, Canon PRO-100 Printer, i1 Spectrophotometer, i1Publish

Well....for someone trying to get to grips with Blender, you did pretty good.

Out of curiosity, a few months back, I actually downloaded Blender just to see what it was all about. All I could do was make basic shapes from the presets - and that was it!

After a few moments looking at my screen, I thought "nope," uninstalled it, and never gave it another moments thought.

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.

5 minutes ago, AffinityJules said:

After a few moments looking at my screen, I thought "nope," uninstalled it, and never gave it another moments thought.

Hahaha...I can certainly understand that!! 😃 To me, Blender is daunting, as well as confusing. For my "desert", I created a simple plane, colored it, went to the Modeling tab, then just started dragging things around. I'm clueless with Blender. I think I decided to create a desert AFTER seeing the results on screen. Affinity Photo is a cakewalk compared to Blender. 

BTW, I love your signature quote and agree wholeheartedly!

2017 15" MacBook Pro, 16 MB RAM, Ventura v13.6.6, Affinity Photo/Designer/Publisher v1 & v2, Adobe CS6 Extended, LightRoom v6, Blender, InkScape, Dell 30" Monitor, Canon PRO-100 Printer, i1 Spectrophotometer, i1Publish