You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bug or just annoying brush pick behaviour

Msunagi

I picked up affinity designer recently and I noticed that when selecting a brush, if you slightly move your mouse/pen even for 1 pixel it will NOT select the brush you wanted but still highlight the brush with that blue frame. Since you moved it a tiny bit, it will recognize the command as if you were trying to move the brush itself, and your stroke will behave as the previous brush.

This happened to me countless times already, you have to be really precise not to move your pen... it's very annoying.

The attached image shows the behaviour. First I drew a line using the first brush, then I selected the bottom brush but moved a little bit while selecting and the software registered as I was dragging it and outlined this brush, but the current brush did not change as my second stroke is still my first brush.

affinity.png

For the record, the same thing happens with the Swatches panel. A small movement while clicking highlights the swatch colour as if it is selected, but the inkwell still shows the previous colour.

I agree that this is frustrating!

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• Staff

Welcome to the forums @Msunagi,

This issue has been previously logged with the developers so i've now updated the issue to reflect that this is still an issue as of the 2.3 release and bumped it with your reports.

23 hours ago, Aammppaa said:

For the record, the same thing happens with the Swatches panel. A small movement while clicking highlights the swatch colour as if it is selected, but the inkwell still shows the previous colour.

I'm also seeing this behaviour on the swatches so i've added this info onto the logged issue.