You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

APub detaching from master page for ever

1. Select the Master Layer -> choose "Edit Detached".
2. Select the layers you want to release -> right-click -> choose "Release"  …  or drag the selected layers outside the master layer.

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

Select the pages in the Pages panel

Right-click and select "Clear Masters" 

Is that what you did previously?

Or do you want to promote all existing Master page content onto the normal page? (for several pages)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

39 minutes ago, carl123 said:

Or do you want to promote all existing Master page content onto the normal page? (for several pages)

The OP says: "remove master (…) without changing the content of the page".

I expected this would be possible with the option to "Apply" > "None" in combination with "Migrate" – but regardless whether "Replace" is en- or disabled, this appears to delete the master content from the pages.

masterNone1.jpg.dd0281d1178f5501c326002002982b23.jpg - masterNone2.jpg.ca4f01739fe08cf71a39657aef2039f4.jpg

Do you know a way that works to maintain all existing master's content for all or various selected pages? – Since the various pages may contain additional objects inside a master layer also the option "Edit Linked" + dragging layers, executed on a certain page, would not work. (and if, it would do it for ALL pages and could not get limited to certain pages only).

34 minutes ago, thomaso said:

I expected this would be possible with the option to "Apply" > "None" in combination with "Migrate"

Me too but it doesn't

But if you create a new blank master, you can apply that with Migrate and it works. Then delete that blank master (optional)

Bear in mind Migrate only seems to work for Frame Content (e.g. Text Frames or Picture Frames that have had content added on the corresponding regular page) It does not work for stuff like shapes or images just placed on a Master page

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

16 minutes ago, carl123 said:

if you create a new blank master, you can apply that with Migrate and it works. Then delete that blank master (optional)

Bear in mind Migrate only seems to work for Frame Content (e.g. Text Frames or Picture Frames that have had content added on the corresponding regular page) It does not work for stuff like shapes or images just placed on a Master page

Also applying a blank master does not work to maintain + release all initial master objects as expected or required: It migrates only certain edited objects, for instance the edited content in a text frame … but it does not migrate unchanged + several edited objects, for instance a text or rectangle that got their fill colour changed or got scaled or moved.

It's even worse: If I use "Edit Linked" + "Release" on any page then it executes this for this current page only and simply deletes the objects from other pages, leaving an empty master layer there.

So, an option to "Release" objects on several pages at once may be "just" a missing feature – but the result of "Edit Linked" + "Release" appears nasty and dangerous to me. – If it behaves the same in V2 it would deserve a bug report.