You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Numeric fields with Apple Magic Mouse

Mac Mini M1 2020 with MacOS Ventura 13.6.1

Affinity 1.10.8

Maybe it is just me, so bear with me. While scrolling in the Document View with the up/down gesture on a Magic Mouse works just as with a third-party mouse with physical scroll wheel, the same is not the case with numeric fields, e.g., in the Transformation panel. With a physical scroll wheel I can hover over such fields and increase/decrease the value by rolling the wheel. With a Magic Mouse, the scrolling gesture does not change the values. Is this normal or a user error?

4 hours ago, Lee_T said:

make it more consistent across the app soon.

@Lee_T, would it be possible to improve scrolling not only for Apple's Magic Mouse but for all Mouse Wheels when scrolling through panels that show a scroll bar? It confuses me again and again that certain panels react on the scroll wheel while others don't.

Although there seems to be a 'certain logic by design' for panels with value fields it is inconsistent for a the workflow and might technically get enabled at least when hovering over • a panel's scroll bar  | • a panels text-only area i.e. collapsed sections. If the scroll start coordinate in a panel would be considered for scrolling then it might even work for all areas of a panel. It gets considered partially already: if I leave a value field area while scrolling it stops changing the value.

scrollwheelinpanels.jpg.c35ef7c00657c53041db37fb2e9b3cca.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

• Staff

@thomaso though I'm not a dev, I can confirm that the bug report is linked with a number of  issues with consistency across the board so I've no doubt that these kind of issues will be looked at too.

Lee

27 minutes ago, thomaso said:

@Lee_T, would it be possible to improve scrolling not only for Apple's Magic Mouse but for all Mouse Wheels when scrolling through panels that show a scroll bar? It confuses me again and again that certain panels react on the scroll wheel while others don't.

Although there seems to be a 'certain logic by design' for panels with value fields it is inconsistent for a the workflow and might technically get enabled at least when hovering over • a panel's scroll bar  | • a panels text-only area i.e. collapsed sections. If the scroll start coordinate in a panel would be considered for scrolling then it might even work for all areas of a panel. It gets considered partially already: if I leave a value field area while scrolling it stops changing the value.

scrollwheelinpanels.jpg.c35ef7c00657c53041db37fb2e9b3cca.jpg