You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it easily possible to have weekdays (monday to sunday) instead of page numbers?

Not as far as I know, but you could probably do something with Data Merge.

Or, depending on your requirements, you could add the day names into a single Frame Text layer which is only large enough to hold one name and then use the Text Flow functionality to flow the text into frames on subsequent pages – see attached video.

This is indeed a brilliant idea. I create a calendar for my remarkable and one of the pains is the weekdays. I finally got it to do the date by creating sections for each month but weekdays for 52 weeks is not funny. So that was easy with master pages but was not with weekdays but I just put the weekdays not in master pages - I try and many thx for that  - did I mention that the affinity forum is one of the best so far from my experience? Experience with Adobe, sparkle, on1, capture-one, dxo, and some others.

Kind Regards,

Uwe

You’re welcome but I can’t take any credit for that technique; it was described to me by another forum member (probably on more than one occasion since I still remember it).

I agree that this forum is much better than most which I have browsed through, or been a member of.

@Uwe-R-aus-B An improvement to @GarryP's advice is to use a Paragraph Style for the Repeating Weekdays (named Repeating Weekdays) and set its Flow properties to Start in Next Text Frame. This will allow you to use larger sized text frames and not worry about Friday creeping into Thursday's frame. You can then change the Font Size or Family and not have to go and change the size of all the text frames.

I am a big fan of using large size text frames, easier to see and select when they are empty. Also when you are using Master Pages please get into the habit of naming everything on the Master Page with Appropriate names, Repeating Weekday LeftRepeating Weekday Right, etc.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.