You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Product Key Lost

Hi

I bought Affinity Photo little over a year ago, I RE-Installed it today and it wanted me to type in the product key again. I logged on your website to get the product key but it was nowhere to be found, nothing under licences and nothing showed up in purchase history? Can I please get it back.

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

If you're being prompted for a Product Key, and you can't find it in your account at the Affinity Store, then the two most likely reasons are:

1. You didn't purchase from Serif originally, but rather from the Microsoft Store or the Mac App Store (depending on whether you're using Windows or macOS). Or
  2. You purchased from Serif, but you used a different email address.

If #1 is the case, you should login to the Store you purchased from, and retrieve the program from there. It will not have or need a Product Key, as those purchases are validated by the selling Store. But if you purchased from one of them, and then tried to install by downloading from the Affinity Store, you would get the prompt you've described.

For #2, if you can't figure out what email account you might have used, you could email affinity@serif.com and describe the problem to them and they could offer support via email.

Note: If you did purchase from the Microsoft or Apple Stores, this FAQ can help you locate your purchased program:

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
    Laptop 2: Windows 11 Pro 24H2,  16GB memory, Snapdragon(R) X Elite - X1E80100 - Qualcomm(R) Oryon(TM) 12 Core CPU 4.01 GHz, Qualcomm(R) Adreno(TM) X1-85 GPU
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.6.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.6.1

9 minutes ago, JohnnyEmber said:

Hi 

I bought it from serif, I got an email verification from you and in  purchases  it shows other stuff I bought except the affinity software. What information can you see under my email? 

I can't see anything as I'm just a user. One of the staff may be able to provide more info, probably tomorrow during business hours (but sometimes they respond after hours). 

If you have the email confirmation, then as long as you're logging in to the Store using the same email address that received the confirmation, you should be able to find your V1 purchases, so I'm not sure what's happening.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
    Laptop 2: Windows 11 Pro 24H2,  16GB memory, Snapdragon(R) X Elite - X1E80100 - Qualcomm(R) Oryon(TM) 12 Core CPU 4.01 GHz, Qualcomm(R) Adreno(TM) X1-85 GPU
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.6.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.6.1

• Staff

As you say @JohnnyEmber, the store account using the same email address as this forum account has not got any Affinity Photo on it. As a member of staff, we can see what you can see on that account. I can see the name on that account and so I looked to see if you had made another account. There is only one other account with that exact name, and it does not have Affinity Photo either.

There are a number of other similarly named accounts from the same country as you but that uses a different email address and do have Affinity Photo. If you have a second email address, perhaps you used that email address when you bought the software. If that helps, try logging into Affinity.serif.com using that other email address.

Otherwise, the best way forward is to email affinity@serif.com with an order number (or look back at your bank/card statement and see if you can find an order and date). If your card says Apple or Microsoft then the software was not bought direct from us, and you can redownload it from the store you bought it from and it will not need a product key, as we will have no record ourselves of purchases made from the microsoft store or mac app store.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hi 

Thank you for the reply. Yes i have another email adress. Ok it might very well have been that one I used, forgot the password tho, want to reset it but I did not receive anything in my mail. (Not receive reset password email) It says please Contact our customer service team. Want me to give you that email here?

• Staff
11 hours ago, JohnnyEmber said:

Want me to give you that email here?

no, for privacy please email Affinity@serif.com explaining about the 2 email addresses and they can sort it

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon