You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Duplicating a pinned group in text changes the size of the contents

Intuos5

When I float a group (with an image and description) in a text frame that is determined by a masterpage,  duplicating the group changes the size of the group. This is in Publisher 2.2.1, Windows 10.0.19045.

Video

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a masterpage with 2 text columns
  2. Apply the masterpage to a document page
  3. Fill the text frame with placeholder text
  4. Create an image frame and a text frame below, put content in both
  5. Group the image frame and text frame from step 4
  6. Optionally apply text wrap to the group
  7. Float the group in the text (pinning)
  8. Duplicate the group (I used a hotkey for Duplicate in the video, copy paste doesn't create the bug)
  9. Notice how the bounding box of the group has changed

Unpinned image changes size.afpub

Also, the contents of the duplicated group are left inside the masterpage folder, which I am personally not happy with, because I always have to detach the masterpage before I can edit the copied group. Same applies to copy pasting, think it is similar to what I reported here:

I think this might have been previously reported but I can't recall for sure.

If you pin a group, scale it, and duplicate it, the resulting duplicate will often be a different size. I've duplicated this with a picture and a shape, and with a text frame and a shape.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

23 minutes ago, Lee D said:

@MikeTO It also sounds familiar but I can't seem to find a report. What workflow did you use to duplicate?

I don't know if this is the trigger but if it doesn't happen the first time, undo the duplicate and the scale then scale the group again. It usually happens to me the second time. Here's a screen recording.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)