You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Printing a pocket calendar in Publisher

Hello!

Hoping someone can help with a project I've been working on that is ready for print.

I've created a pocket calendar in Publisher 2 and am trying to determine the best way to print this and have it bound.

My first thought is to perhaps take the pocket calendar that this project was based on  and remove the pages in it and then replace it with the document I created in Publisher 2. However it appears that the pages in the existing calendar are signatures that have been stitched, and my pages would print consecutively numbered I think? 

1. Is there a way to print signatures in Publisher 2? If not, what would be the best way to print and bind this?
2. Is there perhaps an online service that would print and bind my project in small quantities?

Thank you for any help. I've attached the project that I created and also a photo of the type of cover I'm wanting.

Chris

Fortune Telling Diary Master Layout BLANK.afpub PastedGraphic-1.tiff

On 11/7/2023 at 1:39 AM, chriscaldwell said:

Hello!

Hoping someone can help with a project I've been working on that is ready for print.

I've created a pocket calendar in Publisher 2 and am trying to determine the best way to print this and have it bound.

My first thought is to perhaps take the pocket calendar that this project was based on  and remove the pages in it and then replace it with the document I created in Publisher 2. However it appears that the pages in the existing calendar are signatures that have been stitched, and my pages would print consecutively numbered I think? 

1. Is there a way to print signatures in Publisher 2? If not, what would be the best way to print and bind this?
2. Is there perhaps an online service that would print and bind my project in small quantities?

Thank you for any help. I've attached the project that I created and also a photo of the type of cover I'm wanting.

Chris

Unless you are going to print AND bind this yourself, you do not need to worry about signatures. Any print service that either has an in-house bindery operation or works with a bindery will also want to do the imposition themselves.

You need to only find any print service that does these smaller-sized print jobs. Do note that in general, small-run jobs are, can be, costly. Once you find such a service, they will provide you with specifications as to the single page (non-spread) pdf they require.

16 hours ago, Lee_T said:

Hi chriscaldwell, 

When you say you want to print signatures in Publisher, do you mean to place a signature into your document?

I'll leave users to advise you on the rest.

Lee

Hi Lee,

In this case, it's a bookbinding term.

A signature is a single sheet of paper that contains multiple pages of a book printed on both sides. It is then folded, cut, and bound/sewn together with other signatures to create a book. 

Thank you!

Chris