You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Paint bucket tool changes Tolerance/ opacity on click hold

Intuos5

The opactity changes when I click hold the Paintbucket tool in Affinity Photo 2.2.1, Windows 10.0.19045.

If this is intentional, the changes are erratic, because the preview shows a change in fill opacity.

Video

Steps to reproduce

1. Create a new document

2. Add a pixel layer and make it white

3. Make a selection with a selection tool

4. Activate the Paintbucket tool, select another fill colour, click hold and drag the mouse sideways.

5. Notice the fill tolerance changing erratically and/ or the opacity in the Paintbucket tool changing.

The Tolerance setting is in the Context Toolbar, which you can see in your video.

However, I can’t see the Status Bar in your video; I don’t know how you recorded the video so I don’t know if you can see it at the bottom of the application window and it just hasn’t been recorded for some reason.

I’ve attached an image of what I would expect to see.

image.thumb.png.ac6bb4a2db13918e314865055b3af597.png

• Staff
24 minutes ago, Intuos5 said:

It's not displaying the context bar for me atm...

The Status Bar aka Hint Line can become hidden if you use the 'Toggle UI' option (shortcut key TAB) once, then manually reenable the view/studio options.

To return the Status Bar, simply use the View > Toggle UI (or TAB key shortcut) twice in a row and you should see this return:

In regards to the issue you're reporting, as Garry has mentioned this click+drag action is by design, changing the Tolerance for the Flood Fill Tool as you move the cursor.

I hope this clears things up :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• Staff

No problem at all, I'm happy to help :D

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!