You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Affinity publisher V1] How to import .afstyles files?

7 minutes ago, BitzSec said:

Hi there everyone,

I'm struggling with importing .afstyles files (containing text styles), I only can import .afpub, .afdesign and .afphoto

When I try to import .afstyles through the text styles -> Import, I don't find my file

Hi, I believe .afstyles is for object styles, not text styles.

You can import text styles from an existing afpub file with the Text Styles panel's menu.

Cheers,

Mike

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

2 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

Hi, I believe .afstyles is for object styles, not text styles.

You can import text styles from an existing afpub file with the Text Styles panel's menu.

Cheers,

Mike

Hi there Mike,

I believe the original author here: 

Uploaded them to be used as text styles, Idk what I'm missing. 

1 minute ago, BitzSec said:

Uploaded them to be used as text styles, Idk what I'm missing. 

Those are bitmap based styles for the Affinity APub/ADe/APh Styles panel, which then can be applied to fill artistic text and other shape/vector objects etc. You would import those into the Styles panel and apply them from there on above said objects.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

4 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Those are bitmap based styles for the Affinity APub/ADe/APh Styles panel, which then can be applied to fill artistic text and other shape/vector objects etc. You would import those into the Styles panel and apply them from there on above said objects.

Oh, I see, I didn't know about the Styles menu, I thought Styles = Text styles... Thank you all for your help :)

3 hours ago, Hexara said:

Oh, I see, I didn't know about the Styles menu, I thought Styles = Text styles... Thank you all for your help :)

I was confused about that the first day I used Publisher, too. I really wish Styles could be renamed to Object Styles to avoid confusion.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)