You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FX scale with object could not work despite being active.

In Designer v 2.2 I can't activate "Scale with object" until a FX has been activated previously. The check mark un-checks itself. This should not be more than a little nuisance but I have found that it could occasionally generate an error on which the check mark can show as active and be in reality inactive after trying to check it repeatedly.

To reproduce it:

• Make an object
  • Open FX dialog
  • Click on "Scale with object" (It un-checks intermediately) 😐
  • With some degree of frustration, click a second time (It repeats the uncheck) 🤯 You realize is not working.
  • Now activate an FX (For example, inner shadow) and later activate "scale with object" (Now it remains active) 😀
  • Sometimes (Not always and with no logical pattern) the scaling ends being inactive despite the check mark showing that is active.

I can't assure you that the steps will work always. Sometimes the issue happens after three clicks, other after two, sometimes does not happens… I can't say what the combination is, but I've been able to make it happen multiple times in the last two days.

It seems that the check don't remain activated, but the status of the activation itself is preserved.

On former versions of the app, you could activate "scale with object" before choosing an FX. Reverting to this behaviour should solve the issue.

• Staff

Hi @Daniel Gibert,

Thanks for your report!

On 9/26/2023 at 11:57 AM, Daniel Gibert said:
  • Make an object
  • Open FX dialog
  • Click on "Scale with object" (It un-checks intermediately) 😐
  • With some degree of frustration, click a second time (It repeats the uncheck) 🤯 You realize is not working.
  • Now activate an FX (For example, inner shadow) and later activate "scale with object" (Now it remains active) 😀

I've been able to replicate this behaviour here and I've logged it with our development team to be resolved ASAP.

On 9/26/2023 at 11:57 AM, Daniel Gibert said:

Sometimes (Not always and with no logical pattern) the scaling ends being inactive despite the check mark showing that is active.

However, I haven't been able to replicate the above here - in my testing provided the Scale option was enabled, the FX scaled with the transform of the object.
I've tried:

• both with the FX dialog open/closed
  • enabling the FX option, scaling the object, then enabling the scale option
  • enabling the FX option, closing the dialog, reopening the dialog then enabling the scale option
  • enabling the FX, enabling scale, resizing the object, disabling scale, resizing the object, enabling scale, resizing the object, ect.

Could you please provide some more information regarding the steps you're taking, or a screen recording of the issue if you are able to trigger this still? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!