You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 2 will not print

Sometimes AF2 simply refuses to print. Selecting the Print option in the File menu (Mac OS) does nothing… no response at all. This can happen when I've just printed something, then suddenly it just won't print. Is this a bug, or am I missing something?

Affinity Photo 2 Beta 2.2.0 (2005)

Mac OS Ventura 13.6, M2 MacBook Pro

3 hours ago, harryjsaddler said:

Affinity Photo 2 Beta 2.2.0 (2005)

I don't know if it will make any difference, but the retail release is available so you might try installing & using it.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.2 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

I have not been able to replicate this in the retail version of Affinity Photo 2 or the last beta version, can you please check if you have the latest driver version for your printer and you can try resetting the app by holding down the Control key and opening the app and on the Clear User Data screen please click the Clear button.

Still nothing… I tried:

• Clearing all user data (from Clear User Data screen)
  • Downloading (from Affinity) the current release version (2.2.0)
  • Printer driver is current (note that the Print command never even gets to the print options screen); also, other apps can print to it.
  • Restarted the computer

I can't think of anything else to try. Very weird.

Update: I deleted and reinstalled the printer in System Settings, and now I get the Print options dialog box. From there, I selected "Add printer…", selected the printer, and… poof, now the Print command doesn't work again. It looks like AF2 has a problem with Epson drivers… I noticed another post here about the same problem with another Epson printer. It's intermittent, though, since I was printing earlier in the day and then it stopped working. Any ideas?

PS: the printer in question is an Epson 3880, driver version 12.62

• 4 weeks later...