You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

v2.2 of Designer - Interface no redraw until you zoom in out.

thegary

Since updating to v2.2. While making art in general the interface OFTEN stop updating what your doing. Moving points and so on. If you zoom in out it corrects. I have turn layers off and it doesn't update until i zoom or move the artboard.

same with HD acceleration on or off.

This is a bad bug. 

Also PDF export unreliably drops layers  or doesn;t output certain backgrounds.

Gary

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

• Staff

Please could you provide a screen recording demonstrating the redraw issue you mentioned. If possible could you also provide a copy of an Affinity project file that isn't exporting correctly to PDF and a list of the layers being omitted in the export.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

7 hours ago, Callum said:

Please could you provide a screen recording demonstrating the redraw issue you mentioned. If possible could you also provide a copy of an Affinity project file that isn't exporting correctly to PDF and a list of the layers being omitted in the export.

Thanks
C

@CallumHere the files of the screen redraw issue. Trying to reproduce the other method..Video and files attach.

Designer_2023-09-25_10-12-11.png

11x11 menu with bleed.afdesign 11x11 menu with bleed.pdf

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

• Staff

Hi Gary apologise for the delayed response we have been very busy with the 2.2 update. I can't seem to recreate this here using your file however it doesn't seem to be the same file shown in your original screen recording. If you set the view quality dropdown to fastest does this behaviour change at all? It may also be worth trying to change the options shown in the renderer dropdown to see if any of the options make a difference.

Thanks
C

@Callum Hi Callum, No difference changing renderer to fastest.  When will Hardware acceleraton work again? Seems like this has been broken for a while. Tried a on a few computers. Doesn't seem to work. Slows everything down and artifacting.

Gary

• Staff
5 minutes ago, thegary said:

@Callum Hi Callum, No difference changing renderer to fastest.  When will Hardware acceleraton work again? Seems like this has been broken for a while. Tried a on a few computers. Doesn't seem to work. Slows everything down and artifacting.

Gary

I can't comment on hardware acceleration I'm afraid, in my experience it seems to be temperamental working well for some but not for others I'd imagine its something we are still looking into improving but as for exactly when or what changes might be coming this isn't information I have access to. Just to clarify did you try both the view quality and the renderer dropdown?

2 minutes ago, Callum said:

I can't comment on hardware acceleration I'm afraid, in my experience it seems to be temperamental working well for some but not for others I'd imagine its something we are still looking into improving but as for exactly when or what changes might be coming this isn't information I have access to. Just to clarify did you try both the view quality and the renderer dropdown?

@Callum I did try both. No change.. I also posted a video above with the guides jumping when selecting. Very odd. These are all 2.2 items. This wasn't happening with last build.

Gary