Jump to content
You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

v2.2 of Designer - Interface no redraw until you zoom in out.


thegary

Recommended Posts

Since updating to v2.2. While making art in general the interface OFTEN stop updating what your doing. Moving points and so on. If you zoom in out it corrects. I have turn layers off and it doesn't update until i zoom or move the artboard.

same with HD acceleration on or off.

 

This is a bad bug. 

Also PDF export unreliably drops layers  or doesn;t output certain backgrounds.

Gary

 

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff

Please could you provide a screen recording demonstrating the redraw issue you mentioned. If possible could you also provide a copy of an Affinity project file that isn't exporting correctly to PDF and a list of the layers being omitted in the export.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Callum said:

Please could you provide a screen recording demonstrating the redraw issue you mentioned. If possible could you also provide a copy of an Affinity project file that isn't exporting correctly to PDF and a list of the layers being omitted in the export.

Thanks
C

@CallumHere the files of the screen redraw issue. Trying to reproduce the other method..Video and files attach.

Designer_2023-09-25_10-12-11.png

11x11 menu with bleed.afdesign 11x11 menu with bleed.pdf

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff

Hi Gary apologise for the delayed response we have been very busy with the 2.2 update. I can't seem to recreate this here using your file however it doesn't seem to be the same file shown in your original screen recording. If you set the view quality dropdown to fastest does this behaviour change at all? It may also be worth trying to change the options shown in the renderer dropdown to see if any of the options make a difference.

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@Callum Hi Callum, No difference changing renderer to fastest.  When will Hardware acceleraton work again? Seems like this has been broken for a while. Tried a on a few computers. Doesn't seem to work. Slows everything down and artifacting.

Gary

 

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Staff
5 minutes ago, thegary said:

@Callum Hi Callum, No difference changing renderer to fastest.  When will Hardware acceleraton work again? Seems like this has been broken for a while. Tried a on a few computers. Doesn't seem to work. Slows everything down and artifacting.

Gary

 

I can't comment on hardware acceleration I'm afraid, in my experience it seems to be temperamental working well for some but not for others I'd imagine its something we are still looking into improving but as for exactly when or what changes might be coming this isn't information I have access to. Just to clarify did you try both the view quality and the renderer dropdown?

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Callum said:

I can't comment on hardware acceleration I'm afraid, in my experience it seems to be temperamental working well for some but not for others I'd imagine its something we are still looking into improving but as for exactly when or what changes might be coming this isn't information I have access to. Just to clarify did you try both the view quality and the renderer dropdown?

@Callum I did try both. No change.. I also posted a video above with the guides jumping when selecting. Very odd. These are all 2.2 items. This wasn't happening with last build.

Gary

 

Windows 11 Pro, Ryzen 9 7950x, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz, Nvidia 4080 OC 16gb, Dell 38inch curved monitor.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.