You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×
Our response time is longer than usual currently. We're working to answer users as quickly as possible and thank you for your continued patience.

Disappearing linked resources (PDF image) - Publisher v2.2.0

Robby Poole

I created a music instructional book in Publisher v1. I opened the same project in version 2., and have had mostly good results. Problem being that every now and then a resource is depicted with the blue outline, but shows nothing. In particular, I have 2 small graphics that we saved as PDFs. Some of the PDFs placed in the document like this don't show. And I cannot seem to find a way to update the resource. 

One can see from the screen shot that a blue box is located where 5 graphics exists. Oddly 2 do show. When I export to a PDF they do appear. 

Anyone else having this issue? I am using v2.2 on macOS Ventura (13.5.2)

Thank you,

Robby

Screenshot 2023-09-21 at 20.16.37.png

Yes, this happens often with placed PDFs. They become visible if I click on them. I often work on things like logo wall banners and this bug is very annoying. I export low res mock-ups for the client as PNG or JPG and every time I have to double check if all logos are visible.

Hi @Robby Poole,

Are you able to upload the pdf or pdf's in question so we can take a look at what might be going on?

How were the pdf's been initially created, i.e., using which software?

Affinity Designer 2.5.3 | Affinity Photo 2.5.3 | Affinity Publisher 2.5.3
MacBook Pro M3 Max, 36 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.5, Magic Mouse

I can certainly upload the PDFs of the graphics, that's not an issue. The book has a copyright, so I cannot upload the file of the book. 

The PDFs were created in a music software called Dorico. It has a graphic export section, with many options. I read/was told many years ago that PDF is very similar to SVG on many levels, that using a PDF as a graphic of music example is a great way to work (as PDF is compatible in more software packages). I have gone through and changed this example to using SVGs, but this issue is popping up elsewhere.

Here are the files that are missing.

New Note E.pdf New Note low D.pdf New Note F.pdf New Note G.pdf New Note middle C.pdf