You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Embedded PDF disappearing Affinity designer V2

Kurstak567

Hello,

I am facing a bug in Affinity Designer V2. I am using it to edit an embedded PDF. After a while, the PDF just disappears even though it is still in the layers panel. I only have a white background left. Also if I try to edit this embedded PDF, then I don't see any of the layers. If I undo then the last changes seem to be undone but there is just an empty selection that is changing and all my work is lost. All the help in this direction is very much appreciated.

Thank you.image.thumb.png.577c75cfab01de801951d40fda907af7.pngimage.thumb.png.87ecc5b820e74c7d3cccf2c8df0cd36b.png

• Staff

Hi Kurstak567,

Its difficult to say what might be causing this just from the description you have given. Have you found the embedded PDF content disappears when you use one particular tool or feature etc? If possible would you be able to provide a screen recording that demonstrates this bug occurring?

Thanks
C

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hi @Kurstak567 and welcome to the forums,

Adding to what @Callum says above are you able to upload the pdf you're having issues with so we can take a look at possible causes...

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2437)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse