You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Swatch arrangement, swatch folders and swatch size

I've read that you have list mode in the pipeline, which is great, but i'm missing the option to make my own arrangements of colors inside the palette.

Actually adding new swatches uses a photoshop like approach: to fill the available space in the grid color after color, fixed way. In illustrator you can change the order of swatches at any moment and arrange color in folders, making rows of color sets inside the swatch palette, which is very useful for interface design or comic design.

I noted that in Affinity designer you can easily create multiple custom sets and change them fast from the drop down list, but is not as practical and fast as organizing them in one palette.

Also, option to make swatches bigger will be very welcome. 

I've attached a comparison of one custom color set as I use on illustrator and how i get it on Affinity. It is clear that actually in illustrator is much more useful and practical at this moment.

post-1627-0-34702600-1413014580_thumb.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I use the swatches in list mode, there I can rearrange them. Not elegant, but working. Theoretically you also can do this in swatch view, but the current beta crashes if I do so.  The size can't be changed currently.

iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017), i7 4.2, Radeon 580 Pro 8 GB, 40 GB DDR4-RAM, 1 TB Flash, macOS 10.14.6