You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am really really upset

Hello, apparently affinity released by mistake the 2.2 version of publisher.

One of my coworkers got the message prompt saying a new version (2.2) was available and installed it, even though we never joined the beta program.

She has been working since then on several documents that no one can open.

At first, I couldn't understand why she had the 2.2 version as everyone else was sticking to 2.1.1 version and the update check was informing that it was the latest version. Now that I read that it was a mistake I understand, but I'm really mad.

I installed the 2.1.1 over the 2.2 version on the problematic computer because I read beta version and stable version were supposed to be seperated. But they were not !

and I had to actually join the beta program in order to install the 2.2 beta version to be able to open the documents.

Now it is really a pain in the *** for us as there is no way for us to open those documents. copying from one file to another doesn't work. It does but it pastes with a different scale and we'd have to do it page by page.

Now because we don't have much solution, two essential questions.

•  When will the 2.2 version be released ? there is no way I'm installing the beta version for everyone (20 seats)
  • Are you going to offer the opportunity to save in previous versions (like indesign with idml extension for example), If only there was we wouldn't be in this situation !!!

This is very very unprofessional.

People here are already not very happy having to migrate to another software, I'm starting to look like a fool keeping on defending your software.

2 minutes ago, HarryMcGovern said:

I don’t recall seeing a notice about this?

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks. I didn’t see this probably because I don’t normally use Windows. The Beta update process doesn’t work at all on my ARM system anyway so by the time I got around to downloading the beta it was all fixed.

Painful. 

iPad Mini 6.  256GB.

Publisher. Designer. Photo for Mac, PC & iOS 

@Affinity-Inspiration

download 2.1.1 and copy paste the contents of the documents or wait till 2.2 is officially released which will be either next week or the week after that.

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Ryzen 7 5700U Rx Vega 8 graphics 

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Acer KB202 27in 1080p monitor

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.2 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.2 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.2 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

Beta builds as they come out.

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black