You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Issues with loading LUTs on Ipad M2 (greyed, no import possible)

zeet

Hi,

I started working on with Affinity Photo V2.1 on Ipad more deeply.

Just tried to import Luts (cube-format)  in PhotoV2.1, which is not working. Luts are "grey", cannot choose them.
Checked same source on Windows, there everything behaves like expected.
Any Idea?

(Btw. (Re-)Importing a lut, that has been exported from Photo before, works fine.

(Is there any list available, where I can see, which functionality is not Implemented in comparison to windows-version?)
thanks for supporting.

LUT importing should work just fine. Please provide more details on how you're trying to import them, and where they reside. Screenshots or a screen recording would be helpful so we can see what you're doing and what you're seeing.

Also, perhaps this other recent topic will help you, but if not, please continue here with the additional information I've requested.

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

10 minutes ago, zeet said:

Sorry, missed to paste the url of the named topic with similiar issue:

As described in that topic, if you have individual .cube files, you must first create a new LUT category, using the panel settings (burger menu) that you used.

And then you use the icon on that new category to import the LUT file(s). You do not import them from the panel settings icon.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Hi, thanks for your patience.

I did so before, if I understand correctly.  Here are the sceen of the single steps. Behavior is same as before.

(I copied cube, which I have tested on windows, to other places, to prevent issues with this, does not help.)

so what else can I try? Btw. Ipadversion 16.6

Thanks.

Yes, that looks good, and (to me) clearer than the prior set of screenshots. And it gets back to the other question I asked, where in your file system are those LUT files located?

-- Walt
PC:

What iPadOS release do you have?

-- Walt
PC:

I'm not sure what's going on. It works fine for me, using 2.1.1 on iPadOS 16.6.

One thought: please try a long-press on the grayed-out .cube file, and if you get some options choose Get Info. Then, try tapping on the icon at the top of that dialog.

-- Walt
PC:

Thanks for trying to help. But cannot find a way to solve the problem… I have tried this out before.

I also started „ from the beginning“. Setting up a new „untouched“ file, downloaded other cube-luts, testet on win-version.

with no positive result.

If working fine on aquivalent system, it must be something with ignoring cube formats on local system.

As I lined out before, exported luts from afinity photo can be read.

How can we go on forward? Any contact possible to developpers?

IMG_2169.thumb.jpeg.2d5c7edde1628a8ede61c9aa4efecdd7.jpeg

Thanks for your support. As you say, it works on a comparable setup on your ipad, I tried out several other approaches. 
To me me it looked like as the access to luts was blocked in some way.

I finally found out that the icon/ thumbnail for the luts was referred to another app, I had installed: „Grain“, a color grading app by Moment. I deleted this app and did as well a new installation of affinity photo - and: I now can import luts.

Problems solved. Thanks for your help.

Thanks for letting us know how you resolved it.

-- Walt
PC: