You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Picture frame sizing

Hello again fantastic helpers

I'm doing a book with lots of images. I've placed them in the pages, mostly about the sizes that I want, but now I'd like to ensure that all the images that should be the same size actually are. Can I click on an image in a frame and change it to one of several preset sizes??

The dimensions I'm looking for, for the most-used images, is 75mm x 50mm, but some are 74.8 x 75.1, for example. and it's tricky to use the corner arrow to make it exact. Hope that makes sense! Thanks again

You can use the Transform Panel to give precise sizes to layers.
Select a layer, go to the Transform Panel, and enter the Width and Height in the W and H fields respectively.

Unfortunately you will need to do this for each Picture Frame individually as multiply-selected layers are resized relative to the ‘key selected layer’.

Note: Depending on the Picture Frame Properties of each Picture Frame layer, you might not get what you want/expect because of scaling/stretching. Be careful and check that each image still looks right.

(If you knew from the start that you wanted each Picture Frame to be the same size, and you knew what that size would be, you could create an Asset of a Picture Frame of the correct size and then just drag a new copy of the Asset to the page when required.)

Depending on your current layout, especially its consistency across several pages and the number of objects that require the size adjustment, it can be worth to adjust Picture Frame sizes with the Smart Master page feature.

Although it works ideally with a.) an identical number of images per page and b.) individually named Picture Frames you can use this feature also with differing numbers of images and unnamed layers but will get an accordingly less easily controllable result – nevertheless it may help to set a range of picture frames to a certain size on various pages with "1 click".

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1

11 hours ago, MaxineD said:

Wish I'd known about using assets at the beginning of the project 🤪

When you create an object by dragging (not as a copy or asset) or resize an object by dragging a handle, then, if snapping is enabled with an appropriate setting, it highlights + indicates as soon its size matches an existing object while dragging.

snapsizes.thumb.jpg.457be5c0683b5b543afb8ade86a4cc35.jpg

macOS 10.14.6 | MacBookPro Retina 15" | Eizo 27" | Affinity V1