You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

making concentric donuts with the same thickness using snap?

VectorCat

The attached screenshot is of 3 “Donut” shapes created on Publisher 2 for iPad, while in Publisher persona.

While I can easily make successive donuts snap one inside the other so that the outside of one falls exactly on the inside of the one around it.

Are there tools to ensure that all of the donuts has the same width as the others? I can do it by eye, or I could make a little box of x-width to use as a standard, but I’m hoping there’s a tool in the software that make short and accurate work of this little task.

Thank you

concentric rings.png

It will be advantageous to use circle instead of donuts. Use the transform panel or snapping options (snap to grid).

start with the largest circle, and add more. Just copy / paste them in the required number, and then resize them from bottom. to top.

If you use donuts, there will be semi-transparent gaps between them when you export in raster format.

Mac mini M1 A2348 | Windows 10 - AMD Ryzen 9 5900x - 32 GB RAM - Nvidia GTX 1080

LG34WK950U-W, calibrated to DCI-P3 with LG Calibration Studio / Spider 5

iPad Air Gen 5 (2022) A2589

Special interest into procedural texture filter, edit alpha channel, RGB/16 and RGB/32 color formats, stacking, finding root causes for misbehaving files, finding creative solutions for unsolvable tasks, finding bugs in Apps.

When copy/pasting one circle above another use the transforms panel (studio) anchor midle point orientation, in order to paste them centered ...

Other than that the command controller also offers some helpful quick modifiers ...

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2