You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Stock Panel Connection Failed

This issue seems to have been raised on several occasions in the past relating to V1 on Windows and in varying other circumstances so I'm unsure if this is effectively already logged or needs to be added to an existing case.

I'm seeing a 'Connection Failed' message every time I scroll to the very bottom of a Pixabay Vector Search. This affects Designer and Publisher only as there is no Vector Search option for Pixabay in Photo.

Steps to Reproduce

1. Show the Stock Panel
  2. Tick the Vector Checkbox
  3. Enter a search term
  4. Scroll to the very last entry in the search
  5. This results in a Connection Failed message

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2463) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2463) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2463)

MacBook Pro M3 Max, 36 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, Magic Mouse

• Staff

Hi @Hangman,

This issue is one that has been logged previously but needed updating to reflect the latest versions, I've now updated it and bumped it with your report. It can also happen without enabling the 'Vector' Checkbox, if your search term is broad/large and you scroll far enough it will eventually error.

Hi @NathanC,

Thanks for the clarification and for updating and bumping in relation to the latest versions. I did try this with the 'Vector' Checkbox unchecked but struggled to find a category with few enough items that didn't result in a seemingly never-ending scroll so probably didn't ever quite reach the 'Connection Failure' error for raster searches... :)

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2463) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2463) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2463)

MacBook Pro M3 Max, 36 GB Unified Memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, Magic Mouse