You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi Guys, I have a quick question as something is bugging me today on a business card desing I have ready to send off for print. Whenever I try to export the document to a PDF (for Print) It keeps returning:

An error occurred while exporting to:
/Users/GavinPreece/Desktop/v2.pdf

I was just wondering if you know of any bugs with PDF export at the moment that are awaiting a patch or if this is something unique to me?

thanks in advance ;)

No probs thank you !

I have tried to clear the app on load up but that doesn't seem to change anything and I still get the same error. In addition I have also tried repairing the system permissions and reset the pram but no joy.

Really appreciate the swift support Meb... It's genuinely appreciated ! ;)

No probs thanks MEB, I vowed about 6-9 months ago to never open the alternative cloud based graphic app again and was just double checking to hopefully help me keep that solemn oath ! Ha ha.... 

Just to note I thought I would be clever and try recreating it in Photo but got the same result.

Enjoy your day and keep Affinity rocking ;)

Hi Orangedrop, sorry you've been having this problem.

The issue with this document lies with the two phone numbers. Somehow they have an opacity of 700% internally, and that prevents the export from working for PDF formats that support transparency. Opacity should be between 0% and 100%. The problem isn't obvious because our user interface shows it as 100% even though it's bigger. A workaround is to select the text objects, change their opacity to 50% in the Layers tab, then change it back to 100%.

Can you tell me how you created the document? Was it imported from somewhere, or created in Affinity? I'd like to track down where this outrageous opacity came from.

Hi Dave, and thanks so much for the reply !

The document was originally a .ai file opened with affinity and then I created a new board in Affinity and copied some of the elements across. I may well have copied the telephone numbers across so this maybe the cause?

I will try that now with the opacity and again thanks so much for your help. If you would like anything in addition from me to help you quash the issue please feel free to fire away as I'm quite happy to help all I can. I may still have the original .ai file floating around if that would be of any help?

Hi Mr Harris,

( I love your avatar )

I am having a strange issue wit a pdf export for my business cards, the original drawing was done in FH. To avoid the rebooting from an external HD I have recently bought affinity but I'm really struggling with imports and exports.

Curves that have no stroke have a fine hairline in AD. It is only *just visble* but it fattens up in export. When I zoom in it disappears. The annoying thing is that it is back in print.

Text along a curve some gets rasterized or isn't lined up properly, it is more like groups of letters hanging to parallel horizontal lines rather than a radial align.

any ideas welcome

tarjetas-tf.jpg