You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Dear Devs | If you have a bad day, read this…

Hey guys!

This is my little love letter to your software suite. I absolutely adore it. Its usability and look and feel are absolutely spot on. And this is coming from a man who is using vector programs since 2002 (Freehand, anyone?). I even go so far as to advertise your suite on a regular basis in my lessons.

Here in Germany I teach at two private design schools, the HTK academy and SAE School, and I am ((un-)fortunately) responsible for Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign. Since they're still industry standard. But I have stopped using them ever since I came across Affinity in my professional life and only use them because I teach them. I even went so far as to introduce a slide in my presentations where I talk about the respective alternative to each program because there're just too many benefits compared to Adobe. Who's only advantage is its market share, which they bought, not earned. I mostly teach fresh first and second semester students and I am happy to suggest to them a viable alternative very early on.

In summary, please keep doing what you're doing and keep making a stand for ownership over continuous rental models like Adobe.
Much love and support going out to the Affinity team!

Greetings,

Volker

PS: Please make an After Effects contester, so I can can Adobe fully... :P

[Repost because of wrong account....]

WPT_Affintiy_FFN1.png.48f7b7b0661873fc699bde0689bb7a14.pngWPT_Affintiy_FFN2.png.ffbbc8194befbf9520c60f80441466db.png

On 7/12/2023 at 5:09 AM, TheSnooze said:

PS: Please make an After Effects contester, so I can can Adobe fully... :P

OMG yes. The world needs a smart new competitor for AE even just a nice capable little 2d animator. Until that time comes 😏 I'm been using Blender and Keyshape for my 2d animation work, which are not bad actually.

On 7/12/2023 at 2:09 PM, TheSnooze said:

And this is coming from a man who is using vector programs since 2002 (Freehand, anyone?).

Yep, here. Starting with Freehand 3.1. Serif is not yet on the finish line. Still basics are underdeveloped and still not developed, like colour handling (colour replacement, to-and-from-spot), tables are basic and form creation is still not available. BUT ...

... Serif is developing at a good pace for a v2 version. I remember Indesign in its first iterations, which were a ... 🤦‍♂️

----------
Windows 10 / 11, Complete Suite Retail and Beta