You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gradients on Strokes

I have an object that has a gradient on the stroke and then made a style. When you apply the style to a new object, the stroke is always floating out in nowhere land when it should be placed on the object. This is why I can't create layer styles with strokes with gradients.

• Staff

Hi @evtonic3,

There’s a known issue currently logged with the developers regarding gradients applied to strokes not always applying the gradient stops correctly when applied to a different object via the style picker tool, I’m wondering if what you have described here is the same but with the regular styles.

Could you possibly provide a sample file/screen recording which demonstrates the issue? I can then confirm if this is the same problem or requires a separate issue to be logged.

Many thanks!

• Staff

Thanks for the recording, I've replicated this and logged it with the developers. It does appear similar to the bug with the style picker so i've linked it back as related to that issue original issue and made reference to the fact that the style preview does not accurately display the gradient stops.

• 3 months later...