You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trouble in exported PDF file @ publisher 2.1.1

Hello

I have trouble during the export of .afpub to .pdf. It does export but images and text on multiple pages in the outcome pdf file are cropped, displaced, some texts appear twice, some left out, etc. I have added an example of the afpub page and the exported pdf page. Does anyone experience similar trouble? And does anyone has a answer and or solution? 

Thanks in advance for the reply

Schermafbeelding 2023-06-28 om 14.26.52.png

Schermafbeelding 2023-06-28 om 14.27.25.png

Hi @Piet84 and welcome to the forums,

Without seeing the Publisher file it's going to be extremely difficult to diagnose, are you happy to upload it so we can take a look?

If you'd prefer not to upload your file/s to the public forum you can reply to this post requesting a private Dropbox link to upload your files to where someone from the moderation or development team can take a look and report back.

Affinity Designer 2.4.2 | Affinity Photo 2.4.2 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.2
Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2437)

Affinity Designer 1.7.3 | Affinity Photo 1.7.3 | Affinity Publisher 1.10.8
MacBook Pro 16GB, macOS Monterey 12.7.4, Magic Mouse

41 minutes ago, Hangman said:

Hi @Piet84 and welcome to the forums,

Without seeing the Publisher file it's going to be extremely difficult to diagnose, are you happy to upload it so we can take a look?

If you'd prefer not to upload your file/s to the public forum you can reply to this post requesting a private Dropbox link to upload your files to where someone from the moderation or development team can take a look and report back.

I'm having the same issue. Help, it's urgent! request for private Dropbox link

@Piet84  is it possible that when exporting to PDF you are choosing the option “Spreads?”  If so, could you try exporting again, but choose “All Pages.”  This looks very much like something that was happening to me some time ago.   I hope this helps.

24" iMAC Apple M1 chip, 8-core CPU, 8-core GPU, 16 GB unified memory, 1 TB SSD storage, Ventura 13.6.  Photo, Publisher, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.3.
MacBook Pro 13" 2020, Apple M1 chip, 16GB unified memory, 256GB  SSD storage
,  Ventura 13.6.   Publisher, Photo, Designer 1.10.5, and 2.1.1.  
 iPad Pro 12.9 2020 (4th Gen. IOS 16.6.1); Apple pencil.  
Wired and bluetooth mice and keyboards.9_9

Hi @urbancoop,

Which version of Publisher are you running, v2.1.0 or v2.1.1?

If you want to Save as Package... and DM me your file I'd be happy to take a look for you, alternatively someone from Serif will provide a private Dropbox link for you, hopefully tomorrow.

Affinity Designer  Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Photo Beta 2.5.0 (2437) | Affinity Publisher Beta 2.5.0 (2437)

Hi @Piet84 and @urbancoop,

Which Page Box setting do you have selected in the Context Toolbar for your placed PDF files?

There is a bug in v2.X affecting the Minimum and Maximum Content Page Boxes which causes placed PDF content to become cropped and misplaced. You can try changing the Page Box to Media Box and then re-exporting which 'should' export your files correctly...

Note: Unfortunately, you will have to select each PDF on every page and change this setting (assuming this isn't already the current setting).