You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I want to create a textured background from scrach, preferably in Affinity Designer for iPad v2

Hi there! Design question here: 

I want to create a nice background for a car seat coverr that I am going to be making for people who love gardening. I want it to be a nice artistic "textured" background of gardening soil, on which I will add other elements such as flowers and so on. I want it to be attractive and professional looking. The car seat cover is rather large (2993 px x 7703 px). 

My questions are as follows:
1 - Do I create a seamless design that I will use as a bitmap fill or should I just design all over the product's template?

2 - How should I go about designing this to make it look realistic but artistic as well (what bushes, tools and so on do I use, and if it is best to create it in the Pixel Persona or in the Vector Persona)?

3 - I also have a photo of a soil background that I can use where I could make into an artistic rendering (what are the steps to make a photo look like art (which filters to use, and so on?)

Links to tutorials for creating textured backgrounds are welcome.

Thanks so much!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

If you were looking for an 'organic' texture rather than a repeating set of patterns you could try out

Or

I am sure either of these sets would give you a closer proximity to a 'soil' 'ground' like texture

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.2 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.5 0.2449 (Build 4)
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1