You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Automatic Color Wheel option for objects that use Global Colors

Hello.

When I want to change something's color that uses one of my Global Colors it automatically changes color tool to Tint.
It annoys me because there is only one slider and nothing else and I must switch it manually to Wheel every time when I want to change color of certain object without changing the Global Color.

image.png.2e5d6b9459aff6f6dd414da0b58ea208.png

Can I somehow change it to use automatically Wheel for example? If not - it would be a nice, user friendly function.

• Staff

Hi @Radosław,

The colour panel defaults to 'Tint' when an object with a global colour is applied as the tint property can be altered without the object losing it's global colour assignment on that particular object, you can edit the global colour from this panel using the respective button that will bring up the wheel/sliders etc. As far as I'm aware there isn't a way to change this behaviour currently.

However, If you no longer want the object to be assigned to a global colour you can change the fill along the context toolbar which will in turn swap the colour panel back. 🙂