You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pdf export not working

I have been able to export photos as PDFs from photo without any issues. i would Assume that the function is the same no matter which program. Can you upload a screen recording of it not working?

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 Ryzen 7 5700U Rx Vega 8 graphics 

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Acer KB202 27in 1080p monitor

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.2 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.2 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.2 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

Beta builds as they come out.

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black

Are you using the MSIX version or the EXE version?

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

Affinity photo 2 2.4.2 Affinity Designer 2 2.4.2 Affinity Publisher 2 2.4.2 on Windows 11 Pro version 23H2

canon 80d| sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC MACRO OS HSM | Tamron SP AF 28-75mm f/2.8 XR Di LD | Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Autofocus APS-C Lens, Black

4 hours ago, entropy said:

For some reason I'm not able to export one of my files

What is the physical size of the file in inches/mm? What is the size in Bytes? What is the file's DPI setting? What is the layer structure like? A screenshot of the Layers panel might help. Do you have lots of Effect layers and or layers with varying opacity and different Blend modes? And I am sure there are other questions which may come up that need answers.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

It works fine in photo.

07.06.2023_14.10.38_REC.lnk

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

26 minutes ago, Old Bruce said:

What is the physical size of the file in inches/mm? What is the size in Bytes? What is the file's DPI setting? What is the layer structure like? A screenshot of the Layers panel might help. Do you have lots of Effect layers and or layers with varying opacity and different Blend modes? And I am sure there are other questions which may come up that need answers.

File size : 775ko, 80x200cm, there is almost no effects.

19 minutes ago, tzvi20 said:

Cool !

giphy.gif

Is there a member of the support team who can look at my file and see what the problem is?

did you see the screen recording?

16GB RAM (15.3 usable) 

Affinity Photo 1.10.6

I think I'm screwed :)

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/184537-export-crash-on-large-pdf-file/

I wonder what I should say to my client. Sorry but the software I'm using can't handle 200x90cm files lol.

Do you need business cards maybe ?
spacer.png

Every time I read this forum I have the feeling that most of people use this suite just as "hobby" and almost nobody as professional. I mean to pay the bills.

I cant believe that this kind of issue is not top priority, instead of adding and fixing features that nobody asked for.

Hi, I can't do any troubleshooting atm. I'll check later.

From what I remember, because I did different tests yesterday, it was same. I also noticed, with a new document, if the size is over XXX cm (unfortunately I don't remember the values), there is no preview and the export window just close by itself.

Hi, almost the same here.

An export of a large PDF-Files (440 Pages) from AFBOOK-File hangs on this dialog. The progress bar showed a progress, but it will not finish the export.  
Page format is 246mm to 266mm, so not anything special there. 

At the moment I have to export every Chapter separately.