You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Kerning for character+space exported incorrectly to SVG

When kerning is applied to a character + space, the resulting SVG cannot be placed correctly back into Affinity. The bug is most evident with fonts like Arial and Helvetica which have kerning pairs for certain character+space combinations, but the problem can be duplicated with any font with manual kerning. The issue is related to the tspan tags in the SVG file.

L space.afdesignL space.svg

Left: Before export, Right: after export to SVG and placed back into Affinity

815475052_Screenshot2023-05-31at12_11_40PM.thumb.png.46cc14abefed42f628453bd7f21adec4.png  1253735427_Screenshot2023-05-31at12_12_00PM.png.7c3fa6532927c019b266b88c2a1382ce.png

This issue was discussed in a feedback forum thread:

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

• Staff

Hi @MikeTO,

Thanks for reporting this.  I've replicated it and have logged it with the Dev team.  We do have a couple of issues relating to SVG export and tspan tags but i feel this could be slightly different, which is why i've logged it separately :)