You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Random crashes when drawing

Is there an automatic report sent to Serif when iPad crashes? I can’t keep up with all the crashes and it doesn’t appear to be a certain thing I’m doing to make it crash.

It crashes when I’m drawing, I have lots of layers and have a heavy library of brushes. I always go back to this idea in my head that no one has as many brushes as I do and that could be causing this? I think I’ve mentioned it before that I can’t have a light library of brushes, I like having them at the ready.

• Staff

@evtonic3 iPadOS usually send them direct to Apple. You can get crash reports direct from your iPad, see this FAQ article on how to retrieve them. Upload a couple for checking and we can see if anything specific shows. Have you tried using the app with just the default brushes to see if the same occurs? Are all the brushes native .afbrushes files or are they third party ones that have been imported?

If you notice any particular workflow that when followed produces a crash so it can be debugged please let me know.

6 hours ago, Lee D said:

@evtonic3 iPadOS usually send them direct to Apple. You can get crash reports direct from your iPad, see this FAQ article on how to retrieve them. Upload a couple for checking and we can see if anything specific shows. Have you tried using the app with just the default brushes to see if the same occurs? Are all the brushes native .afbrushes files or are they third party ones that have been imported?

If you notice any particular workflow that when followed produces a crash so it can be debugged please let me know.

Designer iPad-2023-05-30-001811.ips