You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Rare excessive DPI in Publisher Preflight

The preflight message is referring to one of your images placed in Publisher not your document DPI

The preflight message should show you what page it is on or you can use the Resource Manager to find it

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

2 hours ago, PierMax said:

The pre-flight Publisher is supposed to alert about errors, if it tells me that an image has more than 3000 DPI, why does it have 300 or even 72 DPI in photo?

You need to look at the info about the Placed file in Publisher itself. With the Publisher page active, and the image layer selected with the Move Tool, you should have some Context Toolbar info about the Placed file settings. Or the Resource Manager will show them.

If you have the complete image showing on your Publisher page (that is, you haven't cropped it using a Picture Frame or other mechanism), then you have probably made it smaller to fit on the page. If it starts out at 12600x16800 px, at 300 DPI, and you Place it so it only appears to be 6300x8400 px on the page, then it will be 600 DPI. Or, if the size on the page is 3100x4200 px then it would be 1200 DPI. 

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

28 minutes ago, PierMax said:

Hi, thanks for reply but in publisher I can't fid an "info", can you show me it? some images don't appear in the resource manage window

Show us the Resource Manager window, with the image selected.

-- Walt
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.

Actually there were several images of different dimensions supplied by my client that began to give problems in different ways but I already readjusted and repositioned them, I adjust the dimension of these images within Publisher and I crop them according to the innumerable changes of the client but the ICC profiles and resolution I adjust them previously in Photo. Now I have two new questions.
1_If I rasterize all the images, will Publisher stop giving problems and will they be correctly incorporated into the PDF-X for offset?
2_I'm in Italy and here the FOGRA profile is used, I've heard about using FOGRA52 but Affinity only uses 39, I don't know if using 39 I won't have problems and I don't have contact with the printer.
Thank you

18 minutes ago, PierMax said:

I've heard about using FOGRA52 but Affinity only uses 39

The Affinity applications will let you use whatever profiles you have installed on your machine, or are embedded already in a file you're using.

-- Walt
PC: