You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Publisher Issues

I am using Affinity Publisher V1

When I try to delete a page or move a page up or down. entire Affinity Publisher shuts down , just like you close the application.

What could be the cause and how to fix it . Please let me know if you guys need more info

Thank You

2 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

Hi, does this happen with all of your documents or just with a specific one? Could you share a test document here?

Cheers

well this happens to entire document . I am preparing a 70 pages 8.5x11 magazine. I wanted to delete some pages, on delete command the entire document or the application get closed. that means i never can delete the page I wanted to. And same with when i move pages (shuffle ) un an down 

1 hour ago, Priyantha said:

well this happens to entire document . I am preparing a 70 pages 8.5x11 magazine. I wanted to delete some pages, on delete command the entire document or the application get closed. that means i never can delete the page I wanted to. And same with when i move pages (shuffle ) un an down 

I meant does this happen to you with other documents or is it just this one?

You may need to provide the document for testing, if not in public, at least to Serif if requested.

Download a free manual for Publisher 2.4 from this forum - expanded 300-page PDF

My system: Affinity 2.4.2 for macOS Sonoma 14.4.1, MacBook Pro 14" (M1 Pro)

2 minutes ago, MikeTO said:

I meant does this happen to you with other documents or is it just this one?

You may need to provide the document for testing, if not in public, at least to Serif if requested.

Yes , only to the affnity application. happy to send the document to you in private messenger or email. can you send me a message. Thank you

• Staff

Hi @Priyantha,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Can you please upload a copy of your .afpub file to the below link for me, so that we can investigate this further?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/IeQdjrekswKPAb79RENq

Once uploaded, please reply here to let me know. Many thanks in advance :) 

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, Dan C said:

Hi @Priyantha,

Thanks for your post and I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble.

Can you please upload a copy of your .afpub file to the below link for me, so that we can investigate this further?

https://www.dropbox.com/request/IeQdjrekswKPAb79RENq

Once uploaded, please reply here to let me know. Many thanks in advance :) 

I have uploaded the afpub file and faults in a word document. many thanks 

• Staff

Thank you for providing that for me and my apologies for the delayed response!

I can confirm I have been able to replicate this issue in both V1 & V2 with your file - though I have not yet been able to determine the exact cause, or possible fix for this.

Therefore I have escalated this issue to our team internally and I will be sure to respond here ASAP with any further information regarding this file.

In the meantime, I note in the word document uploaded that you mention the Colour Picker is not functioning for you in this document - though this is working correctly for me on Windows 10. Can you please confirm, what OS & OS version are you running with Affinity? When colour picking, do you see the colour values on screen under the loupe but this is not added to the colour well in the colour studio, or do these values not appear for you?

Many thanks once again :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

2 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Thank you for providing that for me and my apologies for the delayed response!

I can confirm I have been able to replicate this issue in both V1 & V2 with your file - though I have not yet been able to determine the exact cause, or possible fix for this.

Therefore I have escalated this issue to our team internally and I will be sure to respond here ASAP with any further information regarding this file.

In the meantime, I note in the word document uploaded that you mention the Colour Picker is not functioning for you in this document - though this is working correctly for me on Windows 10. Can you please confirm, what OS & OS version are you running with Affinity? When colour picking, do you see the colour values on screen under the loupe but this is not added to the colour well in the colour studio, or do these values not appear for you?

Many thanks once again :)

I use Windows 10. No I did not see color values.

Thats ok, no need apologies. we all busy. I m super impressed with the technical support from Affinity. Mean time would you recommend any video tutorial for affinity :) 

• Staff
5 hours ago, Priyantha said:

I use Windows 10. No I did not see color values.

Thank you for verifying that for me - I'd like to request a quick screen recording showing the behaviour you experience when using this tool to help assist further.

Can you please attach a quick screen recording here showing this for me?

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

I appreciate your kind feedback and we're glad to hear you're enjoying using Affinity as much as we enjoy making it :)

I have included some links below for the Affinity resources, including our 'Quick Start Guide', video tutorials and online helpfile:

Quick Start Guide - https://resources.serif.com/publisher/start_guide/Affinity+Publisher+Start+Guide.pdf

Video tutorials - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLPLAjRXYXiREGSMCyfeOHg6SEAhxru8aw

Online helpfile - https://affinity.help/publisher/

I am still in the process of testing the above file, but again I will be sure to update you here as soon as possible regarding this!

Please note -

Many thanks!

• Staff
19 hours ago, Priyantha said:

now the color picker works on the same file

Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad to hear this!

I've been able to determine the cause of this issue, it appears as though the Master Page applied to the last page in the file (Page 70) is corrupted, and when adding pages before, or moving pages causes the app to crash.

I'm not 100% certain how the Master Page has ended up in this state and therefore I will be logging the file with our development team to try and determine the cause of this, to see if we can stop it from happening in the future.

In order to resolve this issue on your end, please navigate to Page 70 and delete the Master Page layer in the Layers Studio. Now, drag and drop the Master A page over Page 70 in the Pages Studio to reapply the Master to this Page and you should now find you're able to move/delete pages as you'd expect.

I hope this helps & thanks for your patience here :)

Please note -

Many thanks!

11 hours ago, Dan C said:

Thanks for letting me know and I'm glad to hear this!

I've been able to determine the cause of this issue, it appears as though the Master Page applied to the last page in the file (Page 70) is corrupted, and when adding pages before, or moving pages causes the app to crash.

I'm not 100% certain how the Master Page has ended up in this state and therefore I will be logging the file with our development team to try and determine the cause of this, to see if we can stop it from happening in the future.

In order to resolve this issue on your end, please navigate to Page 70 and delete the Master Page layer in the Layers Studio. Now, drag and drop the Master A page over Page 70 in the Pages Studio to reapply the Master to this Page and you should now find you're able to move/delete pages as you'd expect.

I hope this helps & thanks for your patience here :)

Many thanks for your advice and support. You guys are so amazing proving your clients solutions. I certainly will keep posting in this thread should I have any burning issues arising from publisher. Is that ok by you ? Many thanks 

• Staff

No problem at all, you're very welcome and many thanks for your kind feedback :D

6 hours ago, Priyantha said:

I certainly will keep posting in this thread should I have any burning issues arising from publisher. Is that ok by you ?

If you have any further issues related to the above report, then please post in this thread - if you have any questions or other issues that occur unrelated to this, then please create a new thread as this will be the quickest way to receive further support!

Please note -

Many thanks!