You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer v2 - Move Tool priorities changed for Mouse Click ?

Hello,
I'm not sure if I changed something by mistake or it's a default since the latest update.

Using the MOVE TOOL and click on one of my assets on the canvas,
used to select the top FOLDER instead of what's inside (I have many folders inside folders per asset).
I used to Ctrl + Mouse Click to select specific / individual SHAPE INSIDE a folder.

Now - when I use the MOVE TOOL it will select the specific shape inside all the FOLDER hierarchy, and that's really hard for me to select specific folders instead of specific shapes.

I just double checked in Affinity Designer v1 and this is how I prefer v2 to work as well...

Did I change something by mistake? (I would like to know what I did to change this)
How can I bring the way it was before to be my default?

Thanks ahead 🙏

1 hour ago, GarryP said:

Try deselecting “Allow selection to consider items inside a group” on the Context Toolbar – see attached image.
This was a new default which came in with V2 and surprised quite a few people.

image.png.2b396dc47f2d2874e912ad744cf0d20a.png

Thanks! that saved the day!
I'm used to double click AGAIN if I want to go 1 level inside.

@anto, we need to have a single object selected, not a Group as your screenshot shows. Use the layers panel.

I have to say this is a useful thing but my lord it is implemented in the worst possible manner on the retail version. The beta version is much better designed and implemented.

1816719816_ScreenShot2023-05-03at7_41_08AM.png.e4383e2fd01f26b9a812ce3c63924ff8.png

I also have to say that using the Light interface on Mac OS means I cannot tell if this thing is on or off.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.

13 minutes ago, anto said:

@GarryP I don't see this icon in the beta version, do I need to enable it somewhere?

01.thumb.PNG.2d4ce23c87029239588c930f6fada7c3.PNG

02.thumb.PNG.38ca313e8e2cf62f44450d55a7ab8e98.PNG

You need to select something with the Move Tool first.
It appears also in your screenshots, it's placed on the LEFT from the "Convert to Curves" button.

2 minutes ago, anto said:

It seems that in version 2.1, the behavior of this icon has been changed, and this icon is not there, but there is a drop-down menu.

Ohhh... I'm still on 2.0.4  that's why it's different, I see.
For the first time Affinity didn't let me know like usually that there is a new version... so I missed it.

24 minutes ago, Alon said:

Actually it still not showing update, so I guess you're talking about a Beta version.

Yes that is correct. The current beta is labeled as the release candidate so a retail update is expected soon. I predict it will be available before ... Christmas the new year.

Mac Pro (Late 2013) Mac OS 12.7.4 
Affinity Designer 2.4.1 | Affinity Photo 2.4.1 | Affinity Publisher 2.4.1 | Beta versions as they appear.

I have never mastered color management, period, so I cannot help with that.