You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Resizing canvas size will not work

I have a square photo that I need crop the width. When I resize then canvas it resizes the entire square to the width I have chosen. The link is broken so they shouldn't scale together.

I also tried to use the crop tool to change the photo but I cannot get it to display inches even though inches is the default scale

• Staff

Hi @kanihoncho,

Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

Can you please provide a screen recording showing the issue you're referring to? As I'm unable to replicate this behaviour here currently.

If you're unsure how to take a screen recording, please check out our FAQ linked below - 

Many thanks in advance :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

• 1 month later...

Resize Canvas is not working in Photo 2 (I have to keep switching to Photo 1 where it works perfectly to do what I need). 

The attached examples show, a) the centre anchor point selected (with an 10 pixels to each axis, and b) the extended canvass only appearing on the left hand side. Images are saved like this, i.e. it is not only how it appears on the screen. 

Slide1.JPG

Slide2.JPG

• Staff

Thanks for your report @Martin Brady - though I have tested this here with a few files and it appears to be working as expected for me.

For example, this image is currently at 0,0 (X,Y) -

image.png

Navigating to Document > Resize Canvas and enabling the middle anchor point, unticking the 'link' between the height and width, I then type '4026' into the height value and select Resize-

image.png

The image is then placed at 0,5 (X,Y) which is the expected location, having added 10 overall pixels to the canvas. This means the image remained centred, with a 5px gap at the top and bottom of the canvas -

image.png

Have I misunderstood the steps you are taking, or could you expand on this for me please? :)

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!